Re: Confirmation of Date: 2007 School Of The Sailor

  • Dale Kidd
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2006
      *SIGH*

      I do sincerely hope that such cross-schedulings can be kept to a
      minimum in years to come. I don't know about any of the rest of
      you... perhaps my situation is unique... but in our family we reenact
      with two different units. I work primarily with the Provincial
      Marine, but my wife and kids do a native impression with the On Gwe
      Ho Way group. This means that there are likely to be some "lively"
      discussions in my household regarding the June 2 weekend, as both
      events are major. Chances are we'll have to wind up finding some way
      to split up and go in different directions (and any of you who
      reenact with your families will have an inkling of how well THAT is
      going to go over), or the wife and kids will stay home that weekend
      (and the temperature in my household will be rather chilly for a
      while). Either way, our family will be losing some enjoyment of our
      activities.

      Let's try to make things a bit easier in years to come, shall we
      fellas? There really is no reason for major events to conflict if we
      plan properly and far enough ahead. Perhaps getting other
      organizations to plan their activities around OUR schedule instead of
      vice-versa would be a nice change of pace. Planning more than 6 to 8
      months in advance would be a step in the right direction, and I
      should think, entirely plausible.

      BTW, I hope the land element has taken into account that they are
      going to be losing over half their artillery at the Stoney Creek
      event... I think naval forces account for at least five or six guns.

      That's my rant for today. I'll duck for cover now and await the
      return broadside.

      Dale Kidd
      Master at Arms
      H.M. Provincial Marine

      (cross-posted from the 1812 Royal Navy Group)