An open letter to Canadian Units and those ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2006
      An open letter to Canadian Units and those who have
      not experienced the ‘MAGICTYME’ of the Mississinewa
      1812 Event held Oct 13-15 this year near Marion,
      Indiana.

      This will be the 19th year this event will be held at
      the Mississinewa Battlefield, north of Marion, Indiana
      … often copied but never duplicated this event with
      over 140 merchants, artisans and food purveyors is a
      vision to behold. If you need it, this is the place to
      buy it.

      Mississinewa 1812 is the largest War of 1812 living
      history event in the United States and is a
      commemoration of the Battle of Mississinewa fought on
      December 17-18, 1812. Redcoats were not in attendance
      in 1812, thus Battle Re-enactments and not the Battle
      of Mississinewa. All Crown and American 1812 Forces
      are welcome.

      Usually held on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend this
      year Mississinewa 1812 is the weekend after the
      Canadian Thanksgiving. The reason why some Canadians
      do not attend was because of family commitments but
      this year that commitment does not exist, and it would
      be an ideal time to attend this event.

      Martin Lake, President of the Mississinewa Battlefield
      Society and coordinator of the Mississinewa 1812 Event
      informs me that Rob Trumbull will Command the American
      Forces with Steve Abolt as his 2IC, in like manner Tim
      Pickles will command the Crown Forces with Peter Twist
      as his 2IC. John Gilmour will command the Native
      Warriors.

      The registration area has been moved from the south
      gate to the Battlefield Road entrance that borders the
      south end of the battlefield. It will allow the
      American and Crown participants to enter their camps
      immediately from that road after they enter our
      grounds. A map will be in all packets.

      Some Canadians cross into the USA via Sarnia/Port
      Huron, Fort Erie/Buffalo or other border crossing
      points. I find the easiest place to cross in the
      Windsor/Detroit tunnel because of less truck traffic,
      it is an easy cross, all Interstates are only a couple
      blocks to your right when you exit the tunnel My
      journey takes me down the 401, to Detroit, I-94,
      I-69, IN-18 W and IN-15 to the event site which is
      well marked with signs.

      The website is

      http://www.mississinewa1812.com/schedule.htm

      Snail mail is

      Martin Lake
      President Mississinewa 1812
      P.O. Box 1812
      Marion, Indiana
      USA 46952

      1-800-822-1812
      (this phone number does not work in Canada)
      765-662-1809
      info@...

      The tentative 2006 Mississinewa 1812 Program is

      Friday, October 13, 2006

      9:00 AM Morning Colors
      Site opens to Public
      12:00 Battle Re-enactment
      4:00 PM Site closes to Public

      Saturday, October 14, 2006

      9:00 AM Morning Colors
      Site opens to Public
      12:00 Battle Re-enactment
      3:30 PM Battle Re-enactment
      4:00 PM Evening Colors
      5:00 PM Site closes to Public

      Sunday, October 15, 2006

      9:00 AM Morning Colors
      Site opens to Public
      11:00 AM Battle Re-enactment
      1:30 PM Battle Re-enactment
      3:30 PM Evening Colors
      4:00 PM Site closes to Public

      This is a three day event and the 1:30 PM Battle
      Re-enactment on Sunday makes it easier for those who
      have to get away early

      For Marion Indiana Weather visit

      http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USIN0390?locid=USIN0390&from=hrly_topnav_undeclared

      Future Dates for Mississinewa 1812

      October 5-7, 2007
      October 10-12, 2008

      I take the liberty of announcing this event because I
      have attended 18 years, others on this Yahoo Group
      have announced their events and especially because it
      is not on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend this year
      and can be attended by Canadian Units.

      Hoping to see a sea of Redcoats (Greencoats) as a
      formidable opponent to the Bluecoat force at this
      years Mississinewa 1812

      Oct 13-15 Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, Indiana

      Yours,
      Larry Lozon (L2)

      http://mail.yahoo.com