Re: Wysoons, The answer!

  • bdemajor1812
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3 6:14 AM
      Thank you both. Great stuff, Richard, on a part of the War of 1812
      that even many "experts" have failed to explore. Or at least write
      about in detail. I'll stick the info in the the appropriate files.

      At least now I know that I wasn't completely crazy thinking "Wysoons"
      sounded familiar. I had thought it might be one of those engagemnts
      after the raising of the Siege. However, neither a cursory look
      through what I had on the period, nor a glance at any maps I had
      provided anything. (OTOH, I may have been looking right at it and
      didn't see it.)

      I've passed your findings along to G.W.

      Thanks, again.
      Jason
    • bdemajor1812
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4 3:46 PM
        Well, G.W. was most impressed.

        Richard, he'd like to post the information on a British Medal Forum.
        I thought it would be okay, but figured I should get your okay forst.
        Due credit being given, of course.

        Jason
      • Richard Feltoe
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4 5:25 PM
          Jason,
          That's no problem at all. What's even nicer is that thanks to Kevin's positive allocation of the rocketeers at Niagara for the event on the 8th of July, it eliminates them from the initial event. This makes it inevitable that the only action that could be referred to is the one in October!! It's nice to know that even a negative answer can be a positive addition to our researches.
          Regards
          Richard
          PS I'd be interested in getting hold of the web address for the site the gentleman will be posting on to see what kind of discussion it raises..

        • Kevin Windsor
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4 6:40 PM
            I was doing a little more looking and the RMA doesn't show back at Ft
            Niagara until November.

            KW

            _____