Announcing next 41st Lecture Featuring Jim Hill! October 20th

  • Tom Fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2006
      Dear list:

      We are extremely excited to have list member Jim Hill as our next
      featured speaker. I am sure if you have been to Old Fort Erie you
      have encountered Jim and his colourful, passionate and deeply
      informed dialogues on the War of 1812. His passion and knowledge
      will make for an interesting evening.

      Through our series we have had Wolf Thomas speak to us of the Native
      perspective, Robert Malcomson examined the Battle of Queenston
      Heights, Vic Suthren spoke of the Royal Navy on the Great Lakes and
      we will now have Jim talk of the Canadian soldier during the War of
      1812.

      Please note, if you attended the last lecture featuring Victor
      Suthren, you would have noticed that the roomly was completely sold
      out! Pre-register quickly to allow us to hold your spot!

      You will also notice that we have pushed the lecture start time back
      slightly to 7:30 to allow a little more time for those traveling a
      distance.

      You can register on our website www.fortyfirst.org

      Your most humble and obedient servant,

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment of Foot MLHG
      www.fortyfirst.org

      Heroes, Skulkers or Rogues?

      The Canadian Soldier in the War of 1812

      The 41st Regiment of Foot Military Living History Group is pleased
      to present the fourth instalment in the popular 41st Regiment
      Lecture Series featuring Jim Hill, historian and Superintendent of
      Heritage for the Niagara Parks Commission.

      Sites such as the Laura Secord Homestead, the Chippawa Battlefield
      and Old Fort Erie fall under Jim's supervision. Prior to this
      position, Jim managed Old Fort Erie for 10 years.

      Join us to hear Jim speak of the role of the Canadian solider during
      the War of 1812, particularly as the conflict raged in Upper Canada.

      The lecture is to be held at the Iron Duke House at the Wellington
      Brewery in Guelph, Ontario located at 950 Woodlawn Road West on
      Friday, October 20th, 2006.

      Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

      Lecture commences at 7:30 p.m.

      Speaker will host a Q&A at 8:30

      Social commences at 9:00

      There will be a nominal $10.00 fee to support the evening.

      Tickets will sell fast! Please take the time to pre-register to
      save your seat.

      Seats can be reserved by going to www.fortyfirst.org or emailing
      register@...

      The 41st Regiment is grateful to the support of the Wellington
      Brewery and Jim Hill.