Re: Wysoons, Upper Canada?

  • bdemajor1812
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
      BTW.the man's name was William LEE. I suspect he was familiar with
      Rockets. The person asking supplied the additional information that,
      after the war, he became "Sgt. Lab Asst." in the Laboratory, making
      rockets.

      Granted it is possible any familiarity he had with those infernal
      machines is post-Lundy's, or he may have missed that battle for some
      reason, or that engagement just wasn't listed for some beaucratic
      reason.
      JE

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "LCpl_rm" <LCpl_RM@...> wrote:

      > The man had to be attached to Capt Parry's RMA Company belonging to
      the 2nd Battalion. Must not have been in the Rocket section or the
      records might have mentioned Lundy's Lane also....
    • Susan Spencer
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
        Adding: Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering, December 2, 2006,
        Hamilton City Hall, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
        Admission free -- more details to follow -- website address:
        www.historicmerchants.com.

        Cheers,
        -- Sioux

        Larry Lozon wrote:

        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        > 2006 WAR Of 1812 Events List
        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        >
        > Jan 6-8 New Orleans - Chalmette, LA
        > Jan 21 Battle of River Raisin - Monroe, MI
        >
        > Feb 18-19 Battle of Ogdensburg - Ogdensburg, NY
        >
        > Apr 22-23 Crown Forces School - Fort York, Toronto, ON
        >
        > May 6-7 Longwoods - London, ON
        > May 6-7 Havre De Grace - Havre De Grace, MD
        > May 13-14 North West Company War of 1812 - Pine City,
        > MN
        > May 20-21 Lyon Historical Village - Yorkville, IL
        > May 20-21 Sully Militia Muster - Sully, VA
        > May 27-28 Ft. Meigs 1813 - Perrysburg, OH
        >
        > June 2-4 Battle of Stoney Creek - Stoney Creek, ON
        > June 10-11 Georgina Militia Muster - Sutton, ON
        > June 17-18 Battle of Craney Island - Fort Norfolk, VA
        > June 17-18 Shandy Hall Encampment - Geneva, OH
        > June 24-25 1812 Grand Tactical - Genesee Village -
        > Mumford, NY
        >
        > July 8-9 Crysler's Farm - Morrisburg, ON
        > July 14-16 Prairie du Chien - WI
        > July 21-23 Wasaga under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON
        > July 29-30 Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY
        > July 29-30 Fort William - Thunder Bay, ON
        >
        > Aug 5-6 Sacket's Harbor - Sacket's Harbor, NY
        > Aug 12-13 Fort Erie - Fort Erie, ON
        > Aug 12-13 Battle of Bladensburg - Riversdale, MD
        > Aug 19-20 Hancock's Resolution - Caulks Field, MD
        > Aug 26 Surrender of Alexandria - Alexandria, VA
        >
        > Sept 3 Battle of North Point - Fort Howard, MD
        > Sept 9-10 Backus Mill - Port Rowan, ON
        > Sept 9-10 Star Spangled Banner Weekend - Fort
        > McHenry, MD
        > Sept 23-24 Fanshawe Village - London, ON
        > Sept 30-Oct 1 Jefferson-Patterson Park - St. Leonard,
        > MD
        >
        > Oct 13-15 Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, IN
        > Oct 28-29 Militia Muster - Todds Inheritance, MD
        > Oct 28-29 Militia Muster, Fort Osage - Sibley, MO
        >
        > December 2 Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering - Hamilton, ON

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        1812 GRAND TACTICALS
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        2006 June 24-25 Genesee Village - Mumford, NY
        2007 July 21-22 Fort Niagara, NY
        2008 ... Jefferson Patterson Park, St. Leonard, MD

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        2006 CROWN FORCES EVENTS
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        Apr. 22-23 Crown Forces School, Fort York, Toronto

        Sat Apr. 22 Infantry Officer & NCO School of
        Instruction
        ('ONLY' Crown Forces Officers and NCO's to attend)

        Sat Apr.22 Historical Cooking Workshop
        (All Crown Forces cooks encouraged to attend)

        Sun Apr.23 Artillery Officer & Crew School of
        Instruction
        (Crown Forces Artillery Officers/Crews encouraged to
        attend)

        May 6-7 Longwoods - London, ON
        (Crown Forces Event - All Crown Forces encouraged to
        attend)

        June 24-25 Annual 1812 Grand Tactical
        Genesee Country Village - Mumford, NY
        (All Crown and USA Forces encouraged to attend)

        July 8-9 Crysler's Farm - Morrisburg, ON
        (Crown Forces Event - All Crown Forces encouraged to
        attend)

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=
        2006 NAPOLEONIC EVENTS
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=

        Apr 21-23 Peninsula War - Anza, CA
        Apr 28-30 Brigade Napoleon Campaign Event -
        Schellsburg PA
        Sept 1-3 Brigade Napoleon Grand Encampment - Bedford,
        PA

        I have nothing for 2007 yet
        other than in 2007 the Annual War of 1812 Grand
        'Tactical' will be held at Fort Niagara on July 21-22, 2007

        If your have 2007 dates please send to
        lalozon at yahoo.com

        Thank you

        Yrs.,