Fort Erie Photos

  • Richard Feltoe
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16, 2006
      Dear List,
      For those on the field on Saturday night's battle at Fort Erie, you might find the pictures I've posted on this site's albums of interest. They represent a selection of the over 150 images I took during the engagement. This is the first time I've put up some images and without blowing my own horn, or my son's bugle for that matter, I'm quite pleased with the results. According to my count, the British line consisted of about 180 muskets. Add to this Sergeants, Officers, Musicians/ Drummers, Pioneers and supernumeries and you can be confident that the attacking force (not including indians and artillery) was in excess of 200 strong!!!

      Regards
      Richard Feltoe

    • glifencible
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 16, 2006
        Nice work Richard!

        Bill

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Feltoe" <feltoe@...> wrote:

        > Dear List,
        > For those on the field on Saturday night's battle at Fort Erie, you
        might find the pictures I've posted on this site's albums of interest.
        They represent a selection of the over 150 images I took during the
        engagement. This is the first time I've put up some images and without
        blowing my own horn, or my son's bugle for that matter, I'm quite
        pleased with the results. According to my count, the British line
        consisted of about 180 muskets. Add to this Sergeants, Officers,
        Musicians/ Drummers, Pioneers and supernumeries and you can be
        confident that the attacking force (not including indians and
        artillery) was in excess of 200 strong!!!

        > Regards
        > Richard Feltoe

      • Glendon Hovey
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 17, 2006
          wrote:

          > Dear List,
          > For those on the field on Saturday night's battle at Fort Erie,
          you might find the pictures I've posted on this site's albums of
          interest. They represent a selection of the over 150 images I took
          during the engagement. This is the first time I've put up some
          images and without blowing my own horn, or my son's bugle for that
          matter, I'm quite pleased with the results. According to my count,
          the British line consisted of about 180 muskets. Add to this
          Sergeants, Officers, Musicians/ Drummers, Pioneers and supernumeries
          and you can be confident that the attacking force (not including
          indians and artillery) was in excess of 200 strong!!!

          > Regards
          > Richard Feltoe

          Hello Richard,

          Beautiful Photos! My, don't we all look impressive! Thanks for
          making the effort to take the pictures. Truly appreciated.

          Best Regards,

          Glendon Hovey

          Huzzah the IMUC
        • Tom Fournier
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 12, 2008
            Good evening list

            Who cares about a little rain? It certainly has been the norm this
            campaign season!

            Another wonderful Fort Erie event is in the books. What a great weekend.

            Some photos can be found on our website at:

            www.fortyfirst.org

            Tom Fournier
            41st Regiment
          • ekwardle
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 13, 2008
              For those who are looking for photos from the 22nd annual siege
              weekend at Old Fort Erie, I direct you to this link:

              http://www.flickr.com/photos/axle81401/sets/72157606670337744/

              These photos can also be accessed by proceeding to flickr.com and
              looking for a set of photos entitled 'The Rocket's Red Glare'.

              Cheers,

              Ewan Wardle
            • JOHN GREIG
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 13, 2008
                For those who are looking for photos from the 22nd annual siege
                weekend at Old Fort Erie, I direct you to this link:
                Great photos.  I have fond memories of Fort Erie, having spent good
                times there with my friends of the 41st.
                You sure seem to be having some superb events this year.
                Best wishes,
                Squire

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 13, 2008
                  Wow, I can see my left hand and the top of my hat in one of these (I
                  recognize those around me, obscuring my face, and my wedding band as I
                  reload)...

                  --
                  John J. Ogden
                  Hanley School of Law

                  Madison, June 20, 1785

                  "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense,
                  founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of
                  enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and, as the
                  said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any
                  Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising
                  from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony
                  existing between the two countries." -- Article 11 of the Treaty of Peace
                  and Friendship between the United States and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli
                  of Barbary, 3 Junad 1211 (Muslim calendar), 4 November 1796 C.E..

                • ekwardle
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
                    For those who are looking for photos from the 25th annual siege
                    weekend at Old Fort Erie, I direct you to this link:

                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/axle81401/sets/72157627408203384/

                    These photos can also be accessed by proceeding to flickr.com and
                    looking for a set of photos entitled 'Siege Weekend 2011'.

                    Cheers,

                    Ewan Wardle
                    7TH/60TH (Royal American) Regiment of Foot