Fort Erie Thank You

  • John Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2006
      On behalf of the US command staff, and the US forces in attendance I
      would like to thank Peter Martin , Jim Hill , and the entire Ft. Erie
      staff for one hell of a great weekend !!
      Once again, your professionalism and dedication to the 1812
      reenactment community made for a memorable event. Please pass this on
      to your entire staff.
      To our gallant foes, it truly was a magnificent sight to see such
      multiple targets of opportunity emerging from the smoke and dust
      during
      the assault on Saturday night! For those who made it on to the
      terraplain, I think you'll agree with me, that it was one great bar
      fight !! 8^)
      A special thanks to the troops who were under my command ( My "Grey
      and Blue Devils"). Through your actions , you make me look good.
      Without you, I'm just a guy in a fancy uniform.
      To all my friends and comrades at the soiree' Sat. night . My
      apologies for missing out on a great "old style party".
      Unfortunately ,
      my back chose that moment at the end of the day to go out on me ( a
      recent injury that occured the other week). Next time, I'll come in a
      wheel barrow if this happens!
      The 1812 season is now over for me this year. I have other
      commitments , so I won't be able to make any other events . I wish
      everyone all the best, and be safe.
      Until next season
      John Harris
      22nd US Infantry
      Brigade Major
    • tom4141fournier
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2013
        What a great hobby we are part of!

        What an awesome site is Fort Erie!

        Congratulations and thank you to everyone that played a role in putting this together. You were awesome.

        Not sure how you can top this for the 200th but I have a feeling that you are already working on it!

        Your most humble and obedient Servant,

        Tom Fournier
        41st Regiment
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2013
          Photos from the Siege of Fort Erie 2013.

          http://newsinportcolborne.com/2013/08/siege-of-fort-erie-reenacted-the-photographers-perspective/