Sackets Harbor

  • Anderson, Mike W.
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8 8:39 AM
      A bayonet charge that ended in smiles and handshakes was a fitting end
      to a great weekend at Sackets Harbor.

      On behalf of the Glengarry Light Infantry, a big thank you to the site
      staff and volunteers in providing for all our needs. The site is a
      beautiful spot overlooking Lake Ontario; the battlefield is spacious and
      contains little modern distractions, with a good natural harbour and a
      town that has changed little since the Regency period; Sackets Harbor
      has good potential for a possible future 1812 Grand Tactical event.

      Thanks also goes to the crew of the Rooster, to Dave Smith and Canadian
      Fencibles as well as to our gallant American foes with whom we shared a
      few cold ones at the 1812 Brew Pub.

      A good time had by all.

      Mike Anderson - GLI

      Near Fort York, Upper Canada

    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9 7:08 PM
        Let me echo Mike Anderson's comments regarding this past weekend at Sackets
        Harbor. The hospitality of our hosts was unsurpassed. The site shows
        unlimited potential for a Grand Tactical.
        Special thanks to our good friends from Plattsburgh, Craig Russell's 15th US
        and the Rooster. It was a honour to serve with Sgt. Dave and the GLI's.
        Regards,
        Cpl. Dave Smith
        Canadian Fencibles
        Point Henry, Kingston
      • westhouse03
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 5:17 AM
          A great job putting this event together. The property was very nice. Good variety of camp locations and a nice collection of buildings and a nice self guiding trail with markers. Awesome job to those who put this event together and kept it together.

          A variety of photos to add to those already listed are available for viewing at the Royal Scots Grenadiers site.
          http://www.royalscotsgrenadiers.com/images.html

          To the artillery group that was situated on the right of the American line on the Saturday afternoon battle, well aimed canister shot. Took out our whole unit. The crowd loved it.

          Dave Westhouse
          1st Royal Scots, Grenadiers.