Battle of New Orleans date this January?

  • Dave Westhouse
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2006
      Can anyone supply a solid date for the Battle of New Orleans event
      this coming January in New Orleans?

      We had assumed that using the last 2 years as a benchmark the date of
      the event would be Jan. 6th. This may not be the case and the event
      may actually be Jan. 13th. Should the latter date be the actual one,
      our group may have to reevaluate our plans to attend as we have gone
      with the previous date to make arrangements.

      Please advise someone in the know.

      Jan. 6th is best for travelling with youth as it allows for the least
      amount of time out of school for us travelling down from the great
      white north. The first week of January for most in school here is
      still a vacation week. We need to know a solid date before we proceed
      any further.

      Dave Westhouse, Corporal
      1st (Royal Scots) Regiment, Grenadier Co.
      http://www.royalscotsgrenadiers.com
    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2006
        In a message dated 07/08/2006 11:35:57 Central Standard Time,
        westhouse@... writes:

        Can anyone supply a solid date for the Battle of New Orleans event
        this coming January in New Orleans?

        Dear Dave,

        At the moment the simple answer is no. I was at a meeting with the NPS last
        week discussing various things. The anniversary falls on a Monday and the
        traditional time to hold the event would be the Friday Saturday following the
        actual date so that would make it the 12th 13th however no firm decision has
        been made. The daughters of 1812 will be having a commemoration in Jackson
        Square on the 8th so if you wanted to spend a week in town you could certainly
        come down for that and live it up until the next weekend.