District Court Martial

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2006
      While reading a DGO dated October 12, 1812 I noticed Brock wanted to
      assemble a court martial at 9 am October 13. It reads, "A District
      Court Martial to assemble at Queenston at 9 o'clock to-morrow morning
      for the trial of such prisoners as may be brought before it.
      41st Regiment-One subaltern
      49th Regiment-One Captain and one subaltern"

      I am assuming that it didn't happen! (at least not that morning and
      not under Brock!!)

      I wonder if the guys that were being court martialed got off lucky or
      if they were let out to fight, or what happened to them. Anyone know?

      Kevin
      89th