Re: Lacrosse

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2 12:17 PM
      > And for those interested Lacrosse became Canadas official national
      sport in
      > the mid 1930's.
      >
      > Craig

      And Canada finally beat us in the World Champioship this year for the
      first time in nearly 30 years.
      Congrats Canada

      Best Regards
      Colin Murphy
      1812 Marine Guard
      also a Lacrosse Player and Coach from a "Lacrosse family"
    • Craig Williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2 1:15 PM
        Actually,
        More accurately "Box Lacrosse'" is Canada's National sport. Field
        Lacrosse is more widely played in the US .
        That's why it's an even bigger deal that the Canadian team finally
        put it together this year. Unlike the US eastern colleges and
        universities we don't have Lacrosse scholarships.
        The US is still the team to beat.

        Craig Williams
        an old time "box boy" and major fan of the game no matter how it's
        played!