Lacrosse

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1 7:03 PM
      This posting is mostly for Larry Hanna, but I figure I'll see if I
      can get anyone else to get a stick and play too! There's a group in
      F&I reenactment who do a native impression that includes playing
      lacrosse every Saturday evening at events. One of the guys makes
      excellent "hoop" style sticks, (like those originally used by the
      Ojibway and tribes as far west as the Dakota), and rawhide balls.
      The sticks are quite reasonably priced for being handmade, $65.00 USD
      with a spare hoop at $5.00 and a ball at $5.00 ( I don't know how he
      can make money on the ball at all!)
      (Hey Larry, can you remember putting out over $100.00 on a wooden
      stick in the '70's? A princely sum in those days!)

      when the Great Spirit gave the people his game it had but one rule,
      never touch the ball with your hands.
      Everything else apparently goes though. Perhaps that's why it was
      called Bagataway, which means "little brother of war".

      Anyway, for those who are interested....

      Brandon Scott
      1009 McCord Rd E4
      Valparaiso, IN
      46383

      eagletalontrader@...
    • Colin
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2 12:17 PM
        > And for those interested Lacrosse became Canadas official national
        sport in
        > the mid 1930's.
        >
        > Craig

        And Canada finally beat us in the World Champioship this year for the
        first time in nearly 30 years.
        Congrats Canada

        Best Regards
        Colin Murphy
        1812 Marine Guard
        also a Lacrosse Player and Coach from a "Lacrosse family"
      • Craig Williams
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2 1:15 PM
          Actually,
          More accurately "Box Lacrosse'" is Canada's National sport. Field
          Lacrosse is more widely played in the US .
          That's why it's an even bigger deal that the Canadian team finally
          put it together this year. Unlike the US eastern colleges and
          universities we don't have Lacrosse scholarships.
          The US is still the team to beat.

          Craig Williams
          an old time "box boy" and major fan of the game no matter how it's
          played!