Thanks to Old Fort William

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
      I'd like to express the appreciation of the men and woman in the 21e Regiment who journeyed north this past weekend for the "Battle of Fort William" at Thunder Bay, ONT. The weather was a delight, the staff helpful, the amenities generous and the weekend fun. While there was a shortage of muskets on the "coalition" side of things, probably due to the Tall Ships event in Green Bay, WI the same weekend it didn't stop us from putting on a good show.

      We've never been disappointed when we've traveled to Canada and this was no exception. We will definitely want to go back in two years when they next plan to host the event.

      Cordialement,

      Michael Mathews, sergeant-major
      21e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne, 3e Cie.

    • Antoine Landrieaux
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2006
        On behalf of Fort William Historical Park,

        I want to thank Mike Mathews, his crew, and all the other re-enactors
        who made the journey to Fort William!

        We were thin on the Blue side, and thick on the Red, but I am not
        complaining!

        There were ongoing skirmishes, picketts, and two main battles over the
        weekend.

        The hospital scenes were a great success.

        There was lots of powder, we had more that enough cartridges to go around.

        We are looking at expanding scenarios, and adding new ideas.

        With food and accomodation provided, we are looking forward to a bigger
        event in 2008, with more American's on the field.

        Your most humble servant,

        Jim Keigher, aka
        Antoine Landrieaux, Capt.
        Officer in Command