Re: Fort Niagara Thanks!

  • Doug DeCroix
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      Sioux, Craig, Paul, Ross, Ray, Calvin and all the rest:

      Many thanks for your kind words regarding last weekend. As I have long said, with all the various time periods we see over the course of a year at Niagara, it is great to have a couple hundred "personal friends" in for the weekend. Thanks to one and all for making it feel that way again! As I have mentioned to the unit commanders elsewhere, many on our staff (who also see many time periods and, literally, thousands of reenactors) have commented to me this year about how friendly, polite and cooperative the 1812 folks are. They are discovering what I have known for some time, but I am happy that it is not "my little secret."

      Speaking of "secrets," Sioux, my humble apologies for forgetting our little bargain. Blame it on the weather and too little time off... I had thought that my disclaimer would do the trick, but clearly rebuttals often fall on deaf ears. I am sure you will find some appropriate way of "repaying" me! I fear and look forward to it at the same time! (By the way.... I still want to check it out!)

      As for the weather.... well, this is what all of you get when you don't come up with programming suggestions! You may recall that I have asked for suggestions for next year's Grand Encampment.... so now's your chance! If I don't get ideas, I will have to come up with "natural entertainment" to take its place!

      Again, my heartfelt thanks to all who attended for their enthusiasm and good humor, and for your kinds words. Look forward to seeing most of you in two weeks at Erie.

      Sincerely,

      Doug DeCroix
      Director of Research & Special Projects
      Old Fort Niagara
      (oh... & Major, Light Division, Crown Forces)

    • Susan Spencer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
        Doug DeCroix wrote:

        >Speaking of "secrets," Sioux, my humble apologies for forgetting our little bargain. Blame it on the weather and too little time off... I had thought that my disclaimer would do the trick, but clearly rebuttals often fall on deaf ears. I am sure you will find some appropriate way of "repaying" me! I fear and look forward to it at the same time! (By the way.... I still want to check it out!)

        No apology necessary, Doug . . . all in good fun!

        That doesn't mean you're off the hook, though . . . :-D

        -- Sioux