" Is anyone on this list not a re-enactor"

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25 7:26 AM
      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, vince@ wrote:
      > >
      > > >Is anyone on this list not a re-enactor?

      > Vince Wilding, AKA Honest Jock Matlow

      Just so all list members are clear as to whom might be lurking and/or
      posting to this list, there is *no* requirement that you be a
      reenactor to be a member.

      There is not even a requirement that you be a *spectator* as some list
      members live as far away from "1812 reenactments land" as New Zealand
      and Australia.

      There is no requirement that you have any specific special connection
      to the War of 1812 (whether reenactor/living historian/professional
      interpreter/spectator/historian/sutler/ancestor worshipper, etc.) -
      all you need is a computer and the curiousity about some aspect of the
      war that would induce you to make the required keystrokes and mouse
      clicks to join up.

      Only spammers are not welcome.

      Jim The Moderator
    • Matthew James Didier
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25 8:00 PM
        How about me?

        I have re-enacted and reenacted... and hope to again shortly... but haven't
        in a long while... and don't see it happening within the next year or so...
        but I look after websites of re-enactors and reenactors... does that count?

        Heck, due to a lack of vehicle, I'm not even a great spectator right now!

        So, I guess that makes me a combination has-been and wanna-be... but not
        currently an active re-enactor.

        Y'rs,

        Matthew "The Great Unwashed" Didier

        Matthew James Didier - Webmaster and Administrator of
        The Upper Canadian Heritage Websites

        matthew@...

        http://www.uppercanadianheritage.org/

        "I want the cultures of all lands to blow about my house, as freely as
        possible,
        but I refuse to be blown off my feet, by anyone of them"
        - Mahatma Ghandi

        Honourary Member - The Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada
        Honourary Member - The Norfolk Militia (Heritage Regiment) - Rifle Coy.

        ====================================
        Please take some time to visit my personal website...
        http://oldgreenbus.doubledeckerbuses.org/
      • Five Rivers Chapmanry
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26 2:55 AM
          Gary and I are no longer re-enactors (difficulties with my pain
          management), but will remain on the list as our love of history continues
          brightly. As Jim has said, there are those of us who don't participate in
          re-enactments. Just because you don't see us on the field doesn't mean we
          don't have a keen interest in the focus of the group. :-)

          Back to lurking.

          Regards,

          Lorina

          Five Rivers Chapmanry

          purveyors of historical sewing patterns, quality hand-crafted cooperage,
          re-enactor and embroidery supplies, and more.

          519-799-5577 info@... - www.5rivers.org