Re: Fw: Dealing with Heat at Events

  • tedyeat
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
      I grew up down there [born and spent 35 years in Nashville] and wore
      wool at events. YES, it was hot, but we'd take salt tablets. Try
      West Tenn., Ga. or Mississippi! We did a Rev. War event where we
      marched at least two miles in a parade in Washington, Ga.. Talk
      about hot. Gatorade is good as well. One thing to consider is
      wearing the linen summer coatee if you are down south, or even in
      heat further north.

      Ted Yeatman
      Fell's Point Rifles
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:
      > Having returned from Tennessee where I attended a 7th USI event at
      > Hermitage
      > visit
      > http://www.thehermitage.com
      > The temperature was 98'ish !!!
      > I think this should be given all, thus I have permission to
      forward same
      What is a