Fw: Dealing with Heat at Events

  • Lalozon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
      Having returned from Tennessee where I attended a 7th USI event at the
      Hermitage
      visit
      http://www.thehermitage.com

      The temperature was 98'ish !!!
      I think this should be given all, thus I have permission to forward same

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
        I grew up down there [born and spent 35 years in Nashville] and wore
        wool at events. YES, it was hot, but we'd take salt tablets. Try
        West Tenn., Ga. or Mississippi! We did a Rev. War event where we
        marched at least two miles in a parade in Washington, Ga.. Talk
        about hot. Gatorade is good as well. One thing to consider is
        wearing the linen summer coatee if you are down south, or even in
        heat further north.

        YH&OS
        Ted Yeatman
        Fell's Point Rifles