Re: Riversdale was The Price of the Bicentennial

  • tedyeat
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
      Ed,
      Perhaps I'm thinking several years ahead on the militia. I know
      that some of our people are apparently still getting
      clothed/equipped. The turn-out, admittedly, has been disappointing.

      Ted

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "LCpl_rm" <LCpl_RM@...> wrote:

      > Ann,
      >
      > As you stated, the grounds are not big enough to hold a Grand
      Tactical (or even a Petit Tactical) and I would not mind going back
      to the small skirmish that we had years ago.

      > However the biggest issue is getting the Militia to show up so
      even Ted's suggestion is quite impractical. By my reckoning there
      is, including the Fort Mac Guard, approximately 30-40 or more
      American troops in the state of which any event, only a half dozen
      show. With Ships Company posing as Royal Navy and us, we can throw
      out 15 or more Brits which would make a nice skirmish for the
      visitors. We had the same issue at Havre De Grace where the
      scenario was rewritten to high-lite the Militia. We had 6-7 in the
      ranks and one was one of my guys!

      > If you can figure out how to work around the lack of militia, let
      me know!

      > The heat and humidity is what causes people to not want to camp.
      I for one, wouldn't mind staying as you folks go out of your way to
      make us feel welcome and I appreciate the work that you and Ed do.
      Unfortunately for me, previous to this last year, the prior four
      years were the same weekend I moved my daughter into college which
      prohibited me from camping. Last years heat did me in.