Slightly OT - Fort Niagara thanks

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2006
      Slightly OT, but nonetheless a propos --

      Tremendous thanks to everyone at Fort Niagara for putting on such a
      great event (F&I) this past weekend! It was great to get out and do an
      F&I event (the first one in quite a while for me!), and it was very cool
      to see so many of our 1812ers in other garb and other roles. Thanks
      also to all of those who stopped by in civvies (and otherwise) to shop
      and to visit. I had a wonderful time, despite the *very* long Saturday
      night of high wind, loosening pegs, and tearing canvas, and as always
      was very spoiled by the Fort Staff and Volunteers. It was a great event
      to have been a part of, and I want to send a thanks to everyone who
      participated and who helped put it together.

      That being said, I understand that it is NOT too late to register for
      Fort Niagara's upcoming 1812 event (July 29th to 30th) -- I'd encourage
      everyone who is able to do so to attend! The Fort Staff is a great
      crew, the Fort itself of course is wonderful, and with out own Doug
      Decroix "driving the bus" (so to speak), a good time is sure to be had
      by all. Check out the website at www.oldfortniagara.org
      <http://www.oldfortniagara.org/>, and don't forget that this will give
      you a chance to visit that great new visitor's centre!

      Looking forward to seeing you there,
      -- Sioux