Very Sad News!!

  • DAVID BRUNELLE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      Dear Re-enactors and Friends,

      It is with shock and deep saddened hearts that I relay the death of Bill
      Byrick's son Ben Byrick who drowned while on a camping excursion out in
      British Columbia on July 1st/06. Ben was only in his early twenty's. Bill
      Byrick was one of the original founding members of the Royal Newfoundland
      Regiment - Bulger's Coy and the last manager of Discovery Harbour Historic
      Site before they amalgamated the managements with Ste. Marie Among the
      Hurons. Bill was also presented with a lifetime membership into the RNR for
      all his efforts when he accepted the position as director of the Canoe
      Museum in Peterborough back in the mid 1990's and presently works for Trent
      University in the Recreation Department Bill has been out of the
      re-enacting world for some time now, however I felt the need to pass along
      the information to everyone who knew him or may have met him. Our prayers
      go out to Bill, his wife and daughter as they try and get through this
      difficult time.
      I should have details regarding funeral arrangements etc. later on this
      week for those who wish to know please e-mail me requesting further
      information.

      Take Care!!

      Dave Brunelle