Re: [WarOf1812] Re: dog and pony shows was The Price of the Bicentennial

  • annbwass@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2006
      In a message dated 6/28/2006 4:49:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      tedyeat@... writes:

      Ann,
      Am now in College Park, but raring to go. I finally got my shako
      and am waiting on a new flintlock. I've wondered why this couldn't
      be a weekend long event. Maybe have a Mock Militia battle if there
      aren't enough Brits?

      Talk to the troops. Tried to make it a whole weekend, but the idea didn't
      fly. Had hoped the new fence would encourage camping from Friday night, and
      we are open to the public on Sundays anyway.

      We keep trying to fine tune the scenarios--maybe someday we'll get it just
      right!

      Ann