Re: [WarOf1812] Sharing: Dealing with Heat at Events

  • John-Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
      Excellent recommendations!

      Two rules of thumb that one of my instructors gave me when I was on aircrew survival training were:

      1) The best place to store water is INSIDE you; and,

      2) If you don't have to pee, drink more water.

      In the States, OSHA has some great charts available on their website that gives you guidelines for activity and fluid intake based on temperature and humidity. I would heartily recommend them for everyone who works or plays in the summer warmth.

      J-P Johnson
      RNR

      Gordon Deans <gord.deans@...> wrote:
      Very well said. Your exact words should be added to every unit's safety
      guide.

      Gord Deans