Re: Photos

  • tlubka@pathcom.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 19, 1999
      Sean,
      I've "crossed pens" with you before and I must say that you cannot discuss
      a topic without resorting to taking cheap shots. Yes you did appoligize about
      about the "B*#%&@D" line in your post but what kind of a response did you expect
      to get from Rose with a comment like that?
      "You don't know enough of me to make such a
      statement... particularly in such a public fashion!"
      Gosh Sean I guess your "B*#%&@D" comment comes from your vast knowledge of Rose?

      I consider Rose a good friend and being in the same group I can honestly say
      I don't recall you being around our campfire. I don't recall hearing any unladylike
      comments from her. Is this another cheap shot on your part?
      Stop the cheap shots Sean.

      Terry Lubka,

      25th US, GLI
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 15, 2003
        From: <HQ93rd@...>

        Better than what?

        Than you of course Brother B.

        :-x (big fat wet one!)
      • HQ93rd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 15, 2003
          << From: <HQ93rd@...>

          Better than what?

          In a message dated 15/1/03 6:26:41 PM, lalozon@... writes:
          Than you of course Brother B. >>

          Well, THAT ain't hard to do!
          ;-)
          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanders.com
        • dancingbobd@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 19, 2003
            Hi Maj. B.,

            I always thought that you looked very extinguished! Oooooooops ;^)

            Bob Dorian
            Ornery old Fart
          • green_tiger_1812
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 19, 2003
              I have a lot of pictures from re-enactments. Can I post them if I
              don't have permission from the subjects of the photos?

              ~Kate~
            • Tracy
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 19, 2003
                It has never been a problem before to post pictures on this group
                without permission from the people in the pictures of re enactments.
                i think the only time it is a problem is when the pictures are
                printed in a newspaper or newsletter. Or the pictures are published
                in books or adds that permission would be needed.
                Tracy

                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "green_tiger_1812"
                <Green_Tiger_1812@h...> wrote:
                > I have a lot of pictures from re-enactments. Can I post them if I
                > don't have permission from the subjects of the photos?
                >
                > ~Kate~
              • Donlyn Meyers
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 20, 2003
                  Kate, Fortunately or unfortunately for re-enactors the laws about having your picture printed for news and information is interesting. This is different than say a calendar that would be for financial gain. The courts have declared that if you dress in an unusual manner and appear in any place that allows the public in ( this includes resturants and stores too) you are part of the public domain and your picture can appear without permission or reimbursement.
                  Donlyn Meyers
                  Smoke and Fire Co. Publishing Smoke and Fire News
                  27 N. River Rd. Waterville, Ohio 43566 1-800-766-5334
                  dmeyers@... www.smoke-fire.com

                  I have a lot of pictures from re-enactments. Can I post them if I
                  don't have permission from the subjects of the photos?

                  ~Kate~

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 20, 2003
                    From: "green_tiger_1812" <Green_Tiger_1812@...>

                    I have a lot of pictures from re-enactments. Can I post them if I
                    don't have permission from the subjects of the photos?

                    Kate
                    I believe this will be up to this group Owner Jim Yaworsky,
                    and if there is enough room left on the site for photos.
                    ___________

                    From: "Donlyn Meyers" <donlyn@...>

                    The courts have declared that if you dress in an unusual manner and appear
                    in any place that allows the public in ( this includes resturants and stores
                    too) you are part of the public domain and your picture can appear without
                    permission or reimbursement

                    I make it a habit to tell all who I take a photo of that it is for an
                    article in Smoke and Fire News.
                    I have only had one person say they did not want their photo to appear in
                    the newspaper.

                    Larry Lozon
                  • Fawkes

                      From: "Donlyn Meyers" <donlyn@...>

                      The courts have declared that if you dress in an unusual manner and appear
                      in any place that allows the public in ( this includes resturants and stores
                      too) you are part of the public domain and your picture can appear without
                      permission or reimbursement

                      I make it a habit to tell all who I take a photo of that it is for an
                      article in Smoke and Fire News.
                      I have only had one person say they did not want their photo to appear in
                      the newspaper.

                      Larry Lozon

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    • Five Rivers
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 21, 2003
                        > The courts have declared that if you dress in an unusual manner and appear
                        > in any place that allows the public in ( this includes resturants and
                        stores
                        > too) you are part of the public domain and your picture can appear
                        without
                        > permission or reimbursement

                        While this may be true in the US, I can assure it is not so in Canada,
                        and most especially not so if you are a professional providing a
                        demonstration. Gary and I had to obtain numerous model releases when we were
                        producing our book, Touring the Giant's Rib. As a former editor and
                        journalist I can also tell you that if the photos are to appear in a
                        magazine, model release must be obtained if the person's facial image is
                        discernable. It is up to the individual to decide if reimbursement is
                        required. However, if the photos are to be published in a periodical
                        (newspaper) permission or reimbursement is exempt.

                        It is for this reason Gary and I get a little annoyed with historical
                        sites that willynilly shoot photos of us and we find we are on the next
                        year's promotional literature splashed across the country and US Eastern
                        seaboard. I know of another professional who has had the same problem, even
                        with his image promoting tourism in magazines and commercials. He walked
                        into a mall at one point and found a full-sized image of himself staring
                        back at him! In the end he had to threaten with legal action before that
                        particular provincial tourism bureaucracy decided to cease and desist.

                        Regards
                        Lorina
                        supplies
                        (519) 799-5577, http://www.5rivers.org email: info@...
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 5, 2004
                          From: "Paul Kelly" <kellys1812@...>

                          We have posted a dozen pictures ..........

                          Huzzah to all our 1812 photo "elves" .....

                          Who prove to our wives and lovers we are really there!

                          Yh&os

                          L2

                          PS: I pray our wives and lovers never meet! (toast)