Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Isaac Brock NEEDS YOU!

  • John-Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2006
      glifencible <blongo@...> wrote: As I sent my letter to the Prime Minister, I couldn't help but think
      of Archie Bunker writing to President Nixon...

      "Dear Mr. President...Your Honor...Sir..."

      LOL! I've never written to a head of state before. Glad it pre written!

      Bill

      But alas, Mr Harper is merely the Head of Government, not Head of State. ;-)

      J-P

      RNR

    • glifencible
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2006
        Nevertheless, I put on a clean shirt, tie and underwear before
        forwarding the letter. :P

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, John-Paul Johnson <jpjohnsn@...> wrote:

        > glifencible <blongo@...> wrote: As I sent my letter to the Prime
        Minister, I couldn't help but think
        > of Archie Bunker writing to President Nixon...
        >
        > "Dear Mr. President...Your Honor...Sir..."
        >
        > LOL! I've never written to a head of state before. Glad it pre written!
        >
        > Bill
        >

        > But alas, Mr Harper is merely the Head of Government, not Head of
        State. ;-)

        > J-P
        >
        > RNR

      • Paul Watson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 2006
          > This bicentennial is a challenge to our society to
          > prove we can
          > remember. Remembrance is a cornerstone of any
          > long-lasting culture.
          > If nothing nationally significant happens, will WW2
          > veterans be
          > forgotten at that war's bicentennial as well? If
          > it comes to pass
          > that the last war on Canadian soil can be so easily
          > be forgotten,
          > why not Canadians fighting in foreign lands?

          Incredibly well Put Robert
          Bravo!

          Paul

          http://mail.yahoo.com