Stoney Creek

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 90 , Jun 5, 2006
      List
      On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot, I offer my congratulations and
      thanks to the organisers of the 25th anniversary event for the Battle
      of Stoney Creek. Of course, there was nothing anyone could do about the
      weather - but it added to the experience, and the Saturday evening
      affair showed that it is indeed possible to fire a Brown Bess during a
      rainstorm.

      To Sue and the staff and volunteers - well done. Although we could only
      attend on the Saturday, we thoroughly enjoyed the event. And - the
      Dinner - excellent. Where did those pies come from They were delicious.

      Happy to have been part of the event.
      Yrs etc.
      Ray Hobbs
      41st Regt.
    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13, 2015
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams