Re: [WarOf1812] Stoney Creek thank you!

  • roy winders
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2006
      I have a complaint, I think the organizors could have made a better effort regarding the weather ( WHOA! HOLD YOUR FIRE, just kidding ) Seriously though, we had a great time, thank you to all for the work you did, and please dont keep mentioning the pies ( I had a gall bladder attack and missed out ) Thanks again, Roy and Elsa, Rif-Raf Trading.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
        Huge, huge thanks to everyone who turned out to help make this year's Battle of Stoney Creek weekend one of the best ever. Although we had a few moments of worry when the storm arrived on Saturday morning, it did blow through and away, and the rest of the weekend was blessed with great weather. I have dry canvas! Huzzah!!

        To the staff and volunteers who did so very much (so much of which is invisible but critical), all of you re-enactors who turned out and did such a beautiful job or bringing everything to life, the merchants who put on a great display and dealt with the public so well, and also the spectators who came out in droves and egged us on -- thank you for your many wonderful and varied contributions. You give this event its life, and we are deeply indebted to each of you for doing such a great job.

        On a personal note, I would like to offer an enormous thank you to Corinne and Kirby Seabourne, who manned my tent for me and shouldered the huge load of making sure that everything turned over tickety-boo -- especially when I had so many other calls on me throughout the weekend, and even more especially when my voice (and brains!) went completely and I hit the wall on Sunday afternoon. Thanks also to my fabulous staff members: Alison, Alex, Ema, and Spencer (welcome home, so glad you got here a week early!) -- this event absolutely would not have happened without you pulling together and backing me up.

        And now for a quick (or maybe not so quick) nap before starting preparations for Port Dover . . .

        Cheers,
        -- Sioux
      • Soo
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
          Sioux,

          It's the rest of _us_ that owe YOU a great big thank you!
          You went above and beyond the call of duty.

          I don't know how many other people realized that you were out there in the rain Saturday making sure that no one was in difficulty after the "weather bomb" hit.
          Somehow, I don't think that was in your job description! :-) But you being you, would make sure that friends came first.

          You da best, gurl friend!

          Sue Too

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Sioux" <spencersmercantile@...> wrote:

          > Huge, huge thanks to everyone who turned out to help make this year's Battle of Stoney Creek weekend one of the best ever. Although we had a few moments of worry when the storm arrived on Saturday morning, it did blow through and away, and the rest of the weekend was blessed with great weather. I have dry canvas! Huzzah!!
          >
          > To the staff and volunteers who did so very much (so much of which is invisible but critical), all of you re-enactors who turned out and did such a beautiful job or bringing everything to life, the merchants who put on a great display and dealt with the public so well, and also the spectators who came out in droves and egged us on -- thank you for your many wonderful and varied contributions. You give this event its life, and we are deeply indebted to each of you for doing such a great job.
          >
          > On a personal note, I would like to offer an enormous thank you to Corinne and Kirby Seabourne, who manned my tent for me and shouldered the huge load of making sure that everything turned over tickety-boo -- especially when I had so many other calls on me throughout the weekend, and even more especially when my voice (and brains!) went completely and I hit the wall on Sunday afternoon. Thanks also to my fabulous staff members: Alison, Alex, Ema, and Spencer (welcome home, so glad you got here a week early!) -- this event absolutely would not have happened without you pulling together and backing me up.
          >
          > And now for a quick (or maybe not so quick) nap before starting preparations for Port Dover . . .
          >
          > Cheers,
          > -- Sioux

        • roy winders
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011