Re: [WarOf1812] 41st Regiment - Fort Meigs

  • JGIL1812@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2006
      In a message dated 5/29/2006 8:58:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      lalozon@... writes:

      Huzzah to the 41st Regiment of Foot and the other Crown and American Forces,

      Native Warriors, and Camp Followers who attended Fort Meigs Perrysburg Ohio
      during the 1813 Siege Weekend

      To One and All:

      I personally want to thank Captain Hobbs and the entire 41st Regiment of
      Foot. They performed marvelously and showered His Majestys colours with honour
      and glory. (FYI... The "interactive public ambush" in the ravine needs to be
      seen to be believed). I enjoyed campaigning with them and probably put on a
      pound or two (thanks Kevin)!

      I would also like to thank Master Gunner Walt Dubbeld and the his crew for
      allowing me to shelter under their fly from the heat of the day and enjoy the
      sound of a brass 3 pounder up close and personal.

      Lastly, I would like to thank the ladies at Stella's. The food was
      exceptional and so were you.

      Your Humble Servant,
      JG/RE