Captain of the Glens

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2006

      I recall at Longwoods this year - and I have seen the incontrovertible
      proof of the photos - that the Glengarry Light Infantry Fencibles have
      a new officer in command.

      May I, on behalf of His Majesty's Forty First Regiment of Foot,
      congratulate the newly Gazetted Captain Dave McMeeking on his
      promotion, and splendid uniform. Huzzah Dave! A good unit deserves a
      fine officer, and you match well.

      Also, congrats on the Woody Lamb trophy - but just wait till next year!

      Yr Most Humble and Obedient Servant
      Ray Hobbs
      41st Regt
      Head of the Lake'UC
    • Peter Monahan

        Message 3 of 4 , May 19, 2006
          The Naval Establishment gives out a rousing "Hear, hear!" to this first-rate
          appointment. Well done, the Glens.

          Vic Suthren
          > Now that the cat is out of the bagpipe, let me add my congratulations to
          those of Captian Hobbs. A fine officer for a fine unit!

          > Peter Monahan, Sgt Major, CFNA

          > I recall at Longwoods this year - and I have seen the incontrovertible
          proof of the photos - that the Glengarry Light Infantry Fencibles have a new
          officer in command.

          > May I, on behalf of His Majesty's Forty First Regiment of Foot,
          > congratulate the newly Gazetted Captain Dave McMeeking on his
          > promotion, and splendid uniform. Huzzah Dave! A good unit deserves a
          > fine officer, and you match well.
          >
          > Also, congrats on the Woody Lamb trophy - but just wait till next year!
          >
          > Yr Most Humble and Obedient Servant
          > Ray Hobbs
          > 41st Regt
          > Head of the Lake'UC

          square miles...

          square miles...

          > --

        • Hill Jim
          Message 4 of 4 , May 19, 2006
            Since I seem to be spouting off today.
            Since Old Fort Erie has a connection with all things Glengarry, I would also add a congratulations from the crew at the Old Fort.
            Jim