Wargaming the war of 1812

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2006
      Hi All

      Just a general question here, a friend of mine runs a small wargames
      figure company and is thinking about doing a 28mm range of figures
      based on the war of 1812 (sometime in the next 18 months)

      so I am looking to find out if anyone does wargame this period and if
      so what rules are used, and also what figures are currently out there
      and more importantly if there any gaps in existing ranges

      we have to work out the figure ranges over the next month and so
      seeing what rules/army lists are used will be invaluable.

      and help would be gratfully recieved

      Mike Hobbs
    • spikeyj@crosslink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2006
        Do I have your permission to pass this query on to a game industry
        list I'm on?

        Spike Y Jones

        On Wed, 03 May 2006 08:40:29 -0000
        "Michael" <michaelhobbs@...> wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > Just a general question here, a friend of mine runs a small
        > wargames
        > figure company and is thinking about doing a 28mm range of figures
        > based on the war of 1812 (sometime in the next 18 months)
        >
        > so I am looking to find out if anyone does wargame this period and
        > if
        > so what rules are used, and also what figures are currently out
        > there
        > and more importantly if there any gaps in existing ranges
        >
        > we have to work out the figure ranges over the next month and so
        > seeing what rules/army lists are used will be invaluable.
        >
        > and help would be gratfully recieved
        >
        > Mike Hobbs

        > hundreds of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the
        > fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2006
          HI Spike

          yeah no problem mate

          pass it on to anyone who may be interested

          Mike