PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

  • lalozon@netrover.com
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1 3:22 PM
      Quoting ray hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>:

      Har, Har, de-Har. What witicisms we create (or, think we do) :-)
      Brigade Chaplain

      If the Brigade Chaplain would buy my cutlasses then he could keep order at
      Divine Services

      Yhs.,
      L2

      Message 2 of 23 , May 1 4:34 PM
        Guards on the door, armed with the faithful Bess would do the trick AdC.
        :)
        BC

        On Monday, May 1, 2006, at 06:22 PM, lalozon@... wrote:

        > Quoting ray hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>:
        >
        > Har, Har, de-Har. What witicisms we create (or, think we do) :-)
        > Brigade Chaplain
        >

        > If the Brigade Chaplain would buy my cutlasses then he could keep
        > order at
        > Divine Services
        >
        > Yhs.,
        > L2

        > THOUSANDS of square miles...

        >    ---------------------------------
        > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        >
        > American Forces Unit Listing
        > http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > +  Visit your group "WarOf1812" on the web.

        <image.tiff>

      • suthren@magma.ca
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1 4:35 PM
          ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-mounted
          Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
          Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
          better be good....
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1 4:59 PM
            Vic,

            What are you going to say to the police when the show up at your door
            looking for the pistol and machine gun??? ; - ) I'm sure that lots of
            list members will visit you in Jail!

            Regards,

            Bob Dorian
          • John Harris
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1 5:15 PM
              Yeah, but Peter, think of the ruckus it'll create when us Yanks
              attack the church service wearing Viking helmets and carrying rubber
              clubs !!! ( Damn, did I think that or type that ???) Time for another
              scotch me thinks !
              Regards
              John
              PS- Me bad !
              ;^)

              -- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@...>
              wrote:

              > Sue, John
              >
              > You're not helping!
              > From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
              > Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 05:23:10 EST
              > To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: [WarOf1812] RE: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
              >

              > Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:28 -0400
              > From: "Lalozon" <lalozon@...>
              > Subject: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
              > FOR SALE
              > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
              > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
              > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
              >
              > Hey Larry/Vic
              > Are they okay for church parade ????
              > Ducking for cover ! 8^)
              > John Harris

              fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

            • John Harris
              Message 6 of 23 , May 1 5:17 PM
                But the're not welcome at my next Scotchtoberfest !!My scotch , my
                rules ! ;^)
                John

                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lalozon@... wrote:

                > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                >
                > Are they okay for church parade ????
                >

                > My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur
                >
                > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite
                Service,
                > Church of
                > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                >
                > Yrs.,
                > L2
              • John Harris
                Message 7 of 23 , May 1 5:19 PM
                  My Dear Brigade Chaplin
                  " The Devil made me do it !!"- Flip Wilson 1970 -odd
                  Okay, I've just dated myself !
                  John

                  Message 8 of 23 , May 1 5:23 PM
                    Hey Vic
                    Now your talking my type of church parade !!! 8^) Unfortunately,
                    portraying a "Yank" I'll have to take a rain check on this one ,
                    although , you'll want to keep an eye out for us "US" types , you never
                    know what dastardly deeds we can get ourselves into when you guy's
                    least expect it !
                    Regards
                    john
                    8^)

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 1 5:25 PM
                      Now we're getting somewhere....
                      > Yeah, but Peter, think of the ruckus it'll create when us Yanks
                      > attack the church service wearing Viking helmets and carrying rubber
                      > clubs !!! ( Damn, did I think that or type that ???) Time for another
                      > scotch me thinks !
                      > Regards
                      > John
                      > PS- Me bad !
                      > ;^)
                      >
                      > -- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Sue, John
                      > >
                      > > You're not helping!
                      > > From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
                      > > Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 05:23:10 EST
                      > > To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                      > > Subject: [WarOf1812] RE: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
                      > >

                      > > Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:28 -0400
                      > > From: "Lalozon" <lalozon@...>
                      > > Subject: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
                      > > FOR SALE
                      > > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                      > > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                      > > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                      > >
                      > > Hey Larry/Vic
                      > > Are they okay for church parade ????
                      > > Ducking for cover ! 8^)
                      > > John Harris
                      > >

                      > > The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of
                      > hundreds of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the
                      > fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

                      square miles...

                    • suthren@magma.ca
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 1 5:27 PM
                        Yeah. Maybe I'll just rely on my elegant brass-handled walking stick....
                        Vic
                        > What are you going to say to the police when the show up at your door
                        > looking for the pistol and machine gun??? ; - ) I'm sure that lots of
                        > list members will visit you in Jail!
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        >
                        > Bob Dorian

                        square miles...

                      • suthren@magma.ca
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 1 5:30 PM
                          Yeah, you guys kept showing up in 1812-1814 and winning things, like sea
                          battles and land stuff. Made us Crown types sweat for our dinner....
                          Vic
                          > Now your talking my type of church parade !!! 8^) Unfortunately,
                          > portraying a "Yank" I'll have to take a rain check on this one ,
                          > although , you'll want to keep an eye out for us "US" types , you never
                          > know what dastardly deeds we can get ourselves into when you guy's
                          > least expect it !
                          > Regards
                          > john
                          > 8^)
                          >
                          > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <suthren@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-
                          > mounted
                          > > Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                          > > Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                          > > better be good....
                          > >>
                          > > > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                          > > >
                          > > > Are they okay for church parade ????

                          square miles...

                          > --

                        • Dale Kidd
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 2 1:07 AM
                            Sue:

                            You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                            trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?

                            ~Dale

                            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:

                            > FOR SALE
                            >
                            > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                            >
                            > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                            > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                            >

                            > They will be at Spencer's Mercantile .
                            > the log cabin at Longwoods this weekend
                            >

                            > Photo avail for interested purchaser

                          • Peter Monahan
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 2 3:29 AM
                              I'm glad the season is starting again - I think. Some of you gentlemen have been sitting in yr cabins WAY too long! Either that or the issue rum is stronger than it should be!

                              Peter
                              From: <suthren@...>
                              Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 08:25:27 EST
                              To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                              Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Re: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

                              Now we're getting somewhere....

                            • suthren@magma.ca
                              Message 14 of 23 , May 2 4:25 AM
                                The 2007 Grand Reunion School of the Sailor, planned for Amherstburg,
                                Ontario, will hopefully have as part of the Shore Instruction an
                                'Introduction to Arms' class, along with others on knot-tying and ropework,
                                rigs and shiphandling, and rowing ("pulling") an oared boat. This is meant
                                to allow naval re-enactors to be familiar with the weaponry used in Boarding
                                and Landing Parties. We hope to have a Cutlass Demonstration as part of it,
                                so the Practice Cutlasses would be very useful indeed.

                                Vic Suthren

                                > You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                > trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?
                                >
                                > ~Dale
                                >
                                > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > FOR SALE
                                > >
                                > > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                                > >
                                > > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                                > > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                                > >

                                > > They will be at Spencer's Mercantile .
                                > > the log cabin at Longwoods this weekend
                                > >

                                > > Photo avail for interested purchaser

                                square miles...

                                > --

                              • Susan Spencer
                                Message 15 of 23 , May 2 7:08 AM
                                  Dale Kidd wrote:

                                  >Sue:
                                  >
                                  >You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                  >trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?

                                  As they're actually Unkl' Larry's, he'll be the one setting the price .
                                  . . but given the interest, perhaps a silent auction might be in
                                  order!!! :-D

                                  I understand that they'll be arriving Saturday morning, for those
                                  wishing to have a look.

                                  Looking forward to seeing everyone!
                                  -- Sioux
                                • Lalozon
                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 2 10:43 AM
                                    From: "Admiral" <suthren@...>

                                    ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-mounted
                                    Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                                    Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                                    better be good....

                                    What no pen knife?!? ;^)

                                    Yrs.,
                                    L2