Re: [WarOf1812] RE: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1 2:31 PM
      Jeez. You guys...
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
      To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 5:23 PM
      Subject: [WarOf1812] RE: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

      > Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:28 -0400
      > From: "Lalozon" <lalozon@...>
      > Subject: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
      > FOR SALE
      > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
      > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
      > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
      >
      > Hey Larry/Vic
      > Are they okay for church parade ????
      > Ducking for cover ! 8^)
      > John Harris

      square miles...

    • lalozon@netrover.com
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1 2:59 PM
        Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:

        Are they okay for church parade ????

        My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur

        Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
        Church of
        England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al

        Yrs.,
        L2

      • lalozon@netrover.com
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1 3:22 PM
          Quoting ray hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>:

          Har, Har, de-Har. What witicisms we create (or, think we do) :-)
          Brigade Chaplain

          If the Brigade Chaplain would buy my cutlasses then he could keep order at
          Divine Services

          Yhs.,
          L2

        • Peter Monahan
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1 3:28 PM
            Sue, John

            You're not helping!
            From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
            Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 05:23:10 EST
            To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 23 , May 1 4:13 PM

              On Monday, May 1, 2006, at 05:59 PM, lalozon@... wrote:

              > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
              >
              > Are they okay for church parade ????
              >

              > My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur
              >
              > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
              > Church of
              > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
              >
              > Yrs.,
              > L2

              > THOUSANDS of square miles...

              >    ---------------------------------
              > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
              > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
              >
              > American Forces Unit Listing
              > http://usforces1812.tripod.com

              <image.tiff>

              <image.tiff>

              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >
              > +  Visit your group "WarOf1812" on the web.

              <image.tiff>

            • ray hobbs
              Message 6 of 23 , May 1 4:34 PM
                Guards on the door, armed with the faithful Bess would do the trick AdC.
                :)
                BC

                Message 7 of 23 , May 1 4:35 PM
                  ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-mounted
                  Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                  Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                  better be good....
                  > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
                  > Church of
                  > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                  >
                  > Yrs.,
                  > L2

                  square miles...

                • dancingbobd@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 1 4:59 PM
                    Vic,

                    What are you going to say to the police when the show up at your door
                    looking for the pistol and machine gun??? ; - ) I'm sure that lots of
                    list members will visit you in Jail!

                    Regards,

                    Bob Dorian
                  • John Harris
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 1 5:15 PM
                      Yeah, but Peter, think of the ruckus it'll create when us Yanks
                      attack the church service wearing Viking helmets and carrying rubber
                      clubs !!! ( Damn, did I think that or type that ???) Time for another
                      scotch me thinks !
                      Regards
                      John
                      PS- Me bad !
                      ;^)

                      -- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Sue, John
                      >
                      > You're not helping!
                      > From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
                      > Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 05:23:10 EST
                      > To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                      > Subject: [WarOf1812] RE: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
                      >

                      > Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:28 -0400
                      > From: "Lalozon" <lalozon@...>
                      > Subject: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
                      > FOR SALE
                      > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                      > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                      > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                      >
                      > Hey Larry/Vic
                      > Are they okay for church parade ????
                      > Ducking for cover ! 8^)
                      > John Harris

                      fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

                    • John Harris
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 1 5:17 PM
                        But the're not welcome at my next Scotchtoberfest !!My scotch , my
                        rules ! ;^)
                        John

                        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lalozon@... wrote:

                        > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                        >
                        > Are they okay for church parade ????
                        >

                        > My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur
                        >
                        > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite
                        Service,
                        > Church of
                        > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                        >
                        > Yrs.,
                        > L2
                      • John Harris
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 1 5:19 PM
                          My Dear Brigade Chaplin
                          " The Devil made me do it !!"- Flip Wilson 1970 -odd
                          Okay, I've just dated myself !
                          John

                          Message 12 of 23 , May 1 5:23 PM
                            Hey Vic
                            Now your talking my type of church parade !!! 8^) Unfortunately,
                            portraying a "Yank" I'll have to take a rain check on this one ,
                            although , you'll want to keep an eye out for us "US" types , you never
                            know what dastardly deeds we can get ourselves into when you guy's
                            least expect it !
                            Regards
                            john
                            8^)

                            Message 13 of 23 , May 1 5:25 PM
                              Now we're getting somewhere....

                            • suthren@magma.ca
                              Message 14 of 23 , May 1 5:27 PM
                                Yeah. Maybe I'll just rely on my elegant brass-handled walking stick....
                                Vic
                                > What are you going to say to the police when the show up at your door
                                > looking for the pistol and machine gun??? ; - ) I'm sure that lots of
                                > list members will visit you in Jail!
                                >
                                > Regards,
                                >
                                > Bob Dorian

                                square miles...

                              • suthren@magma.ca
                                Message 15 of 23 , May 1 5:30 PM
                                  Yeah, you guys kept showing up in 1812-1814 and winning things, like sea
                                  battles and land stuff. Made us Crown types sweat for our dinner....
                                  Vic
                                  > Now your talking my type of church parade !!! 8^) Unfortunately,
                                  > portraying a "Yank" I'll have to take a rain check on this one ,
                                  > although , you'll want to keep an eye out for us "US" types , you never
                                  > know what dastardly deeds we can get ourselves into when you guy's
                                  > least expect it !
                                  > Regards
                                  > john
                                  > 8^)
                                  >
                                  > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <suthren@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-
                                  > mounted
                                  > > Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                                  > > Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                                  > > better be good....
                                  > >>
                                  > > > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Are they okay for church parade ????

                                  square miles...

                                  > --

                                • Dale Kidd
                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 2 1:07 AM
                                    Sue:

                                    You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                    trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?

                                    ~Dale

                                    --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:

                                    > FOR SALE
                                    >
                                    > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                                    >
                                    > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                                    > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                                    >

                                    > They will be at Spencer's Mercantile .
                                    > the log cabin at Longwoods this weekend
                                    >

                                    > Photo avail for interested purchaser

                                  • Peter Monahan
                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 2 3:29 AM
                                      I'm glad the season is starting again - I think. Some of you gentlemen have been sitting in yr cabins WAY too long! Either that or the issue rum is stronger than it should be!

                                      Peter
                                      From: <suthren@...>
                                      Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 08:25:27 EST
                                      To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                                      Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Re: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

                                      Now we're getting somewhere....

                                    • suthren@magma.ca
                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 2 4:25 AM
                                        The 2007 Grand Reunion School of the Sailor, planned for Amherstburg,
                                        Ontario, will hopefully have as part of the Shore Instruction an
                                        'Introduction to Arms' class, along with others on knot-tying and ropework,
                                        rigs and shiphandling, and rowing ("pulling") an oared boat. This is meant
                                        to allow naval re-enactors to be familiar with the weaponry used in Boarding
                                        and Landing Parties. We hope to have a Cutlass Demonstration as part of it,
                                        so the Practice Cutlasses would be very useful indeed.

                                        Vic Suthren

                                        > You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                        > trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?
                                        >
                                        > ~Dale
                                        >
                                        > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > FOR SALE
                                        > >
                                        > > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                                        > >
                                        > > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                                        > > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                                        > >

                                        > > They will be at Spencer's Mercantile .
                                        > > the log cabin at Longwoods this weekend
                                        > >

                                        > > Photo avail for interested purchaser

                                        square miles...

                                        > --

                                      • Susan Spencer
                                        Message 19 of 23 , May 2 7:08 AM
                                          Dale Kidd wrote:

                                          >Sue:
                                          >
                                          >You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                          >trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?

                                          As they're actually Unkl' Larry's, he'll be the one setting the price .
                                          . . but given the interest, perhaps a silent auction might be in
                                          order!!! :-D

                                          I understand that they'll be arriving Saturday morning, for those
                                          wishing to have a look.

                                          Looking forward to seeing everyone!
                                          -- Sioux
                                        • Lalozon
                                          Message 20 of 23 , May 2 10:43 AM
                                            From: "Admiral" <suthren@...>

                                            ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-mounted
                                            Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                                            Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                                            better be good....

                                            What no pen knife?!? ;^)

                                            Yrs.,
                                            L2