RE: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

  • John Harris
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1, 2006
      Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:28 -0400
      From: "Lalozon" <lalozon@...>
      Subject: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
      FOR SALE
      PRACTICE CUTLASSES
      Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
      Ideal for cutlass drill practice

      Hey Larry/Vic
      Are they okay for church parade ????
      Ducking for cover ! 8^)
      John Harris
    • suthren@magma.ca
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1, 2006
        Jeez. You guys...
        > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
        > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
        >
        > Hey Larry/Vic
        > Are they okay for church parade ????
        > Ducking for cover ! 8^)
        > John Harris

        square miles...

      • lalozon@netrover.com
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1, 2006
          Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:

          Are they okay for church parade ????

          My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur

          Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
          Church of
          England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al

          Yrs.,
          L2

        • lalozon@netrover.com
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1, 2006
            Quoting ray hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>:

            Har, Har, de-Har. What witicisms we create (or, think we do) :-)
            Brigade Chaplain

            If the Brigade Chaplain would buy my cutlasses then he could keep order at
            Divine Services

            Yhs.,
            L2

          • Peter Monahan
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1, 2006
              Sue, John

              You're not helping!
              From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
              Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 05:23:10 EST
              To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 23 , May 1, 2006

                On Monday, May 1, 2006, at 05:59 PM, lalozon@... wrote:

                > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                >
                > Are they okay for church parade ????
                >

                > My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur
                >
                > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
                > Church of
                > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                >
                > Yrs.,
                > L2

                > THOUSANDS of square miles...

                >    ---------------------------------
                > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
                > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
                >
                > American Forces Unit Listing
                > http://usforces1812.tripod.com

                <image.tiff>

                <image.tiff>

                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                >
                > +  Visit your group "WarOf1812" on the web.

                <image.tiff>

              • ray hobbs
                Message 7 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                  Guards on the door, armed with the faithful Bess would do the trick AdC.
                  :)
                  BC

                  Message 8 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                    ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-mounted
                    Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                    Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                    better be good....
                    > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
                    > Church of
                    > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                    >
                    > Yrs.,
                    > L2

                    square miles...

                  • dancingbobd@webtv.net
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                      Vic,

                      What are you going to say to the police when the show up at your door
                      looking for the pistol and machine gun??? ; - ) I'm sure that lots of
                      list members will visit you in Jail!

                      Regards,

                      Bob Dorian
                    • John Harris
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                        Yeah, but Peter, think of the ruckus it'll create when us Yanks
                        attack the church service wearing Viking helmets and carrying rubber
                        clubs !!! ( Damn, did I think that or type that ???) Time for another
                        scotch me thinks !
                        Regards
                        John
                        PS- Me bad !
                        ;^)

                        -- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Sue, John
                        >
                        > You're not helping!
                        > From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
                        > Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 05:23:10 EST
                        > To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                        > Subject: [WarOf1812] RE: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
                        >

                        > Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:28 -0400
                        > From: "Lalozon" <lalozon@...>
                        > Subject: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
                        > FOR SALE
                        > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                        > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                        > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                        >
                        > Hey Larry/Vic
                        > Are they okay for church parade ????
                        > Ducking for cover ! 8^)
                        > John Harris

                        fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

                      • John Harris
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                          But the're not welcome at my next Scotchtoberfest !!My scotch , my
                          rules ! ;^)
                          John

                          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lalozon@... wrote:

                          > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                          >
                          > Are they okay for church parade ????
                          >

                          > My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur
                          >
                          > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite
                          Service,
                          > Church of
                          > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                          >
                          > Yrs.,
                          > L2
                        • John Harris
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                            My Dear Brigade Chaplin
                            " The Devil made me do it !!"- Flip Wilson 1970 -odd
                            Okay, I've just dated myself !
                            John

                            Message 13 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                              Hey Vic
                              Now your talking my type of church parade !!! 8^) Unfortunately,
                              portraying a "Yank" I'll have to take a rain check on this one ,
                              although , you'll want to keep an eye out for us "US" types , you never
                              know what dastardly deeds we can get ourselves into when you guy's
                              least expect it !
                              Regards
                              john
                              8^)

                              Message 14 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                                Now we're getting somewhere....

                              • suthren@magma.ca
                                Message 15 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                                  Yeah. Maybe I'll just rely on my elegant brass-handled walking stick....
                                  Vic
                                  > What are you going to say to the police when the show up at your door
                                  > looking for the pistol and machine gun??? ; - ) I'm sure that lots of
                                  > list members will visit you in Jail!
                                  >
                                  > Regards,
                                  >
                                  > Bob Dorian

                                  square miles...

                                • suthren@magma.ca
                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                                    Yeah, you guys kept showing up in 1812-1814 and winning things, like sea
                                    battles and land stuff. Made us Crown types sweat for our dinner....
                                    Vic
                                    > Now your talking my type of church parade !!! 8^) Unfortunately,
                                    > portraying a "Yank" I'll have to take a rain check on this one ,
                                    > although , you'll want to keep an eye out for us "US" types , you never
                                    > know what dastardly deeds we can get ourselves into when you guy's
                                    > least expect it !
                                    > Regards
                                    > john
                                    > 8^)
                                    >
                                    > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <suthren@...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-
                                    > mounted
                                    > > Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                                    > > Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                                    > > better be good....
                                    > >>
                                    > > > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Are they okay for church parade ????

                                    square miles...

                                    > --

                                  • Dale Kidd
                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                      Sue:

                                      You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                      trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?

                                      ~Dale

                                      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:

                                      > FOR SALE
                                      >
                                      > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                                      >
                                      > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                                      > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                                      >

                                      > They will be at Spencer's Mercantile .
                                      > the log cabin at Longwoods this weekend
                                      >

                                      > Photo avail for interested purchaser

                                    • Peter Monahan
                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                        I'm glad the season is starting again - I think. Some of you gentlemen have been sitting in yr cabins WAY too long! Either that or the issue rum is stronger than it should be!

                                        Peter
                                        From: <suthren@...>
                                        Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 08:25:27 EST
                                        To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                                        Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Re: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

                                        Now we're getting somewhere....

                                      • suthren@magma.ca
                                        Message 19 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                          The 2007 Grand Reunion School of the Sailor, planned for Amherstburg,
                                          Ontario, will hopefully have as part of the Shore Instruction an
                                          'Introduction to Arms' class, along with others on knot-tying and ropework,
                                          rigs and shiphandling, and rowing ("pulling") an oared boat. This is meant
                                          to allow naval re-enactors to be familiar with the weaponry used in Boarding
                                          and Landing Parties. We hope to have a Cutlass Demonstration as part of it,
                                          so the Practice Cutlasses would be very useful indeed.

                                          Vic Suthren

                                          > You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                          > trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?
                                          >
                                          > ~Dale
                                          >
                                          > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > FOR SALE
                                          > >
                                          > > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                                          > >
                                          > > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                                          > > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                                          > >

                                          > > They will be at Spencer's Mercantile .
                                          > > the log cabin at Longwoods this weekend
                                          > >

                                          > > Photo avail for interested purchaser

                                          square miles...

                                          > --

                                        • Susan Spencer
                                          Message 20 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                            Dale Kidd wrote:

                                            >Sue:
                                            >
                                            >You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                            >trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?

                                            As they're actually Unkl' Larry's, he'll be the one setting the price .
                                            . . but given the interest, perhaps a silent auction might be in
                                            order!!! :-D

                                            I understand that they'll be arriving Saturday morning, for those
                                            wishing to have a look.

                                            Looking forward to seeing everyone!
                                            -- Sioux
                                          • Lalozon
                                            Message 21 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                              From: "Admiral" <suthren@...>

                                              ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-mounted
                                              Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                                              Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                                              better be good....

                                              What no pen knife?!? ;^)

                                              Yrs.,
                                              L2