PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

  • Lalozon
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1, 2006
      FOR SALE

      PRACTICE CUTLASSES

      Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
      Ideal for cutlass drill practice

      They will be at Spencer's Mercantile .
      the log cabin at Longwoods this weekend

      Photo avail for interested purchaser

    • John Harris
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1, 2006
        Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:28 -0400
        From: "Lalozon" <lalozon@...>
        Subject: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
        FOR SALE
        PRACTICE CUTLASSES
        Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
        Ideal for cutlass drill practice

        Hey Larry/Vic
        Are they okay for church parade ????
        Ducking for cover ! 8^)
        John Harris
      • suthren@magma.ca
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1, 2006
          Jeez. You guys...
          > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
          > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
          >
          > Hey Larry/Vic
          > Are they okay for church parade ????
          > Ducking for cover ! 8^)
          > John Harris

          square miles...

        • lalozon@netrover.com
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1, 2006
            Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:

            Are they okay for church parade ????

            My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur

            Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
            Church of
            England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al

            Yrs.,
            L2

          • lalozon@netrover.com
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1, 2006
              Quoting ray hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>:

              Har, Har, de-Har. What witicisms we create (or, think we do) :-)
              Brigade Chaplain

              If the Brigade Chaplain would buy my cutlasses then he could keep order at
              Divine Services

              Yhs.,
              L2

            • Peter Monahan
              Message 6 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                Sue, John

                You're not helping!
                From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
                Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 05:23:10 EST
                To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 23 , May 1, 2006

                  On Monday, May 1, 2006, at 05:59 PM, lalozon@... wrote:

                  > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                  >
                  > Are they okay for church parade ????
                  >

                  > My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur
                  >
                  > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
                  > Church of
                  > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                  >
                  > Yrs.,
                  > L2

                  > THOUSANDS of square miles...

                  >    ---------------------------------
                  > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
                  > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
                  >
                  > American Forces Unit Listing
                  > http://usforces1812.tripod.com

                  <image.tiff>

                  <image.tiff>

                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  > +  Visit your group "WarOf1812" on the web.

                  <image.tiff>

                • ray hobbs
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                    Guards on the door, armed with the faithful Bess would do the trick AdC.
                    :)
                    BC

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                      ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-mounted
                      Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                      Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                      better be good....
                      > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite Service,
                      > Church of
                      > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                      >
                      > Yrs.,
                      > L2

                      square miles...

                    • dancingbobd@webtv.net
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                        Vic,

                        What are you going to say to the police when the show up at your door
                        looking for the pistol and machine gun??? ; - ) I'm sure that lots of
                        list members will visit you in Jail!

                        Regards,

                        Bob Dorian
                      • John Harris
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                          Yeah, but Peter, think of the ruckus it'll create when us Yanks
                          attack the church service wearing Viking helmets and carrying rubber
                          clubs !!! ( Damn, did I think that or type that ???) Time for another
                          scotch me thinks !
                          Regards
                          John
                          PS- Me bad !
                          ;^)

                          -- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Sue, John
                          >
                          > You're not helping!
                          > From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
                          > Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 05:23:10 EST
                          > To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                          > Subject: [WarOf1812] RE: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
                          >

                          > Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:28 -0400
                          > From: "Lalozon" <lalozon@...>
                          > Subject: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE
                          > FOR SALE
                          > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                          > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                          > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                          >
                          > Hey Larry/Vic
                          > Are they okay for church parade ????
                          > Ducking for cover ! 8^)
                          > John Harris

                          fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

                        • John Harris
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                            But the're not welcome at my next Scotchtoberfest !!My scotch , my
                            rules ! ;^)
                            John

                            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lalozon@... wrote:

                            > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                            >
                            > Are they okay for church parade ????
                            >

                            > My Dear Single Malt Connoisseur
                            >
                            > Yes they are great for cutlass practice, High Mass, Mennonite
                            Service,
                            > Church of
                            > England Services, Baptist?s Weddings, Druid Festivals, et al
                            >
                            > Yrs.,
                            > L2
                          • John Harris
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                              My Dear Brigade Chaplin
                              " The Devil made me do it !!"- Flip Wilson 1970 -odd
                              Okay, I've just dated myself !
                              John

                              Message 14 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                                Hey Vic
                                Now your talking my type of church parade !!! 8^) Unfortunately,
                                portraying a "Yank" I'll have to take a rain check on this one ,
                                although , you'll want to keep an eye out for us "US" types , you never
                                know what dastardly deeds we can get ourselves into when you guy's
                                least expect it !
                                Regards
                                john
                                8^)

                                Message 15 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                                  Now we're getting somewhere....

                                • suthren@magma.ca
                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                                    Yeah. Maybe I'll just rely on my elegant brass-handled walking stick....
                                    Vic
                                    > What are you going to say to the police when the show up at your door
                                    > looking for the pistol and machine gun??? ; - ) I'm sure that lots of
                                    > list members will visit you in Jail!
                                    >
                                    > Regards,
                                    >
                                    > Bob Dorian

                                    square miles...

                                  • suthren@magma.ca
                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 1, 2006
                                      Yeah, you guys kept showing up in 1812-1814 and winning things, like sea
                                      battles and land stuff. Made us Crown types sweat for our dinner....
                                      Vic
                                      > Now your talking my type of church parade !!! 8^) Unfortunately,
                                      > portraying a "Yank" I'll have to take a rain check on this one ,
                                      > although , you'll want to keep an eye out for us "US" types , you never
                                      > know what dastardly deeds we can get ourselves into when you guy's
                                      > least expect it !
                                      > Regards
                                      > john
                                      > 8^)
                                      >
                                      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <suthren@...> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-
                                      > mounted
                                      > > Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                                      > > Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                                      > > better be good....
                                      > >>
                                      > > > Quoting John Harris <jharris@...>:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Are they okay for church parade ????

                                      square miles...

                                      > --

                                    • Dale Kidd
                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                        Sue:

                                        You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                        trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?

                                        ~Dale

                                        Message 19 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                          I'm glad the season is starting again - I think. Some of you gentlemen have been sitting in yr cabins WAY too long! Either that or the issue rum is stronger than it should be!

                                          Peter
                                          From: <suthren@...>
                                          Date: 2006/05/01 Mon PM 08:25:27 EST
                                          To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                                          Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Re: PRACTICE CUTLASSES FOR SALE

                                          Now we're getting somewhere....

                                        • suthren@magma.ca
                                          Message 20 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                            The 2007 Grand Reunion School of the Sailor, planned for Amherstburg,
                                            Ontario, will hopefully have as part of the Shore Instruction an
                                            'Introduction to Arms' class, along with others on knot-tying and ropework,
                                            rigs and shiphandling, and rowing ("pulling") an oared boat. This is meant
                                            to allow naval re-enactors to be familiar with the weaponry used in Boarding
                                            and Landing Parties. We hope to have a Cutlass Demonstration as part of it,
                                            so the Practice Cutlasses would be very useful indeed.

                                            Vic Suthren

                                            > You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                            > trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?
                                            >
                                            > ~Dale
                                            >
                                            > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > FOR SALE
                                            > >
                                            > > PRACTICE CUTLASSES
                                            > >
                                            > > Correct handle and guard with round wooden blades
                                            > > Ideal for cutlass drill practice
                                            > >

                                            > > They will be at Spencer's Mercantile .
                                            > > the log cabin at Longwoods this weekend
                                            > >

                                            > > Photo avail for interested purchaser

                                            square miles...

                                            > --

                                          • Susan Spencer
                                            Message 21 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                              Dale Kidd wrote:

                                              >Sue:
                                              >
                                              >You might get a run on them, as many of the naval reenactors are
                                              >trying to learn some of the drills. Have you assigned them a price?

                                              As they're actually Unkl' Larry's, he'll be the one setting the price .
                                              . . but given the interest, perhaps a silent auction might be in
                                              order!!! :-D

                                              I understand that they'll be arriving Saturday morning, for those
                                              wishing to have a look.

                                              Looking forward to seeing everyone!
                                              -- Sioux
                                            • Lalozon
                                              Message 22 of 23 , May 2, 2006
                                                From: "Admiral" <suthren@...>

                                                ...and I'll bring a Ninja Katana, my sharpened umbrella, a backpack-mounted
                                                Gatling Gun, six lawn darts, a Colt .45 ACP, a slingshot and some of
                                                Granny's concrete dinner rolls tucked into a sock. By God, that sermon
                                                better be good....

                                                What no pen knife?!? ;^)

                                                Yrs.,
                                                L2