Re: [WarOf1812] Re: RN Catulass Stores

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
      Dear Murray

      A very good question, and one for which I have no real answer. Stocks of
      French Seven Years' War weapons, such as the Model 1746, 1754 and later
      versions of the 'fusil-grenadier' were retained for the Canadian militias
      well into the War of 1812 period, so what you suggest is entirely plausible.
      My own instinct would be to be very conservative, and go with a 'known'
      naval pattern weapon or none at all. The farther one got inland from Quebec,
      the less likely one was to have the weapons one wanted (as Robert Barclay
      and his lads found out).

      Yours aye
      Vic