Re: [WarOf1812] Battle of New Orleans Contact

  • Gordon Deans
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2006
      Attention: John Ogden, Dave Westhouse, and group,

      The best contact for the Battle of New Orleans is Danny Forbis, Coordinator
      of the Living History Program, Chalmette Battlefield, Jean Lafitte National
      Historic Park.

      Follow the instructions below and contact Danny_Forbis@... and you will
      be kept aware of next year's Battle of New Orleans.

      You will find Danny to be an active and committed NPS Ranger, even attending
      weekend gunnery training sessions at the battlefield to train the
      baratarians (Jean Lafitte) gun crew on the use of the park's guns.

      We should make 2007 a challenge year to get as many reenactors as possible
      to attend the Battle of New Orleans in support of the local residents.

      Gord Deans, Royal Navy,
      HMS Charwell Landing Party,
      on the Upper Thames, Upper Canada.