Some Anza Event Photos

  • HQ93rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2006
      <<< From patti.ballard@... :
      We had a great time last weekend recreating the Napoleonic Spanish Peninsular
      war at Leland & Patty Barrett's land which is high in the San Bernardino
      mountains east of LA near Anza.
      http://fp2k.redshift.com/memirr/anza_2006.htm

       Saturday we began the day with drilling and before you know it the French
      were knocking at our door. Even though I didn't get a lot of photos, there was a
      lot of cavalry. They engaged the enemy first. The Royal Navy showed up with
      several naval cannons. (this naval reenactment group sails with the sailing
      ship the Lynx and regularly fights pirates and kidnaps American seamen for the
      war of 1812). The French quickly retreated into 2 large redoubts. People did a
      lot of prep work to construct the redoubts and they looked great. We fought all
      day with a break for lunch. All the food (chef Lisa Mathews) was super and
      tons of it. After the final battle there was sword duel. It was a great dinner
      with lots of wine and beer for a grand evening. The old stone hut has a hot
      wood stove to keep the chill off. Everyone joined in old songs and had a great
      time. Even though it was cold but clear at 11:30 pm, it rained during the night
      and we woke up to a light snow in the morning.
      It was a super event and many, many thanks to Leland & Patty and everyone who
      worked so hard to bring this event off.

      Ditto.
      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line