Re: Diapers

  • Allison
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 1, 2006
      We are also in the world of having a new reenactor in our family, so
      have been looking in to dress etc for events. Whil we have gowns for
      Brigid...I have a big question. Does anyone here know what sort of
      pram might be appropriate? With Brigid's current challenges, she will
      not be walking likely for the next couple of years. If it were just an
      issue of "babe in arms" for this year, I would not worry about it, but
      since it will be going on a little longer, I thought I might try and
      find or build something a little closer to accurate.

      Any help out there would be appreciated, hints, plans etc - but don't
      take the time to tell me that a 2 year old child in a pram is not
      historically accurate - I will not give up reenacting because my
      daughter is disabled. (That was already suggested to me by an
      individual who will be left unnamed)

      Thanks in advance
      Allison
    • Peter Monahan
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 5, 2006
        I have a possible site just west of Alliston, I think - gotta find the guys card again, but he offered 20 acres for "rough camoping for you guys" very recently.

        Peter
        From: "Don Ruetten" <ruetten@...>
        Date: 2006/04/05 Wed PM 12:19:31 EST
        To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [WarOf1812] Re: Historical Authenticity

        > Is there a demand for this type of experience among the current
        > reenactment community?
        >
        > Mike Anderson - GLI

        Absolutely, count me in!

        Might be a bit tough to find a location unless we can do something
        that's fairly easy on the landscape, ie. no brush shelters or crapping
        in the woods, but I suppose the number of participants would be fairly
        small anyway. Also without public support(money) we would have to
        pick up the costs ourselves. Pay a fee for the pleasure of misery!
        I'd do it for sure just for the experience.

        Don Ruetten
        GLI