Re: Re-enactor stars

  • tracyforsyth2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
      Don't forget that in Ontario the students also have to do 40 hours of
      community volunteer hours.However this works out to be 10 hours per
      grade 1 hour for every month in high school(not including summer)
      some kids can't manage to do this.My kids do minimun 56 hours at Fort
      George every summer that was their choice and just this year counts
      for school hours.
      Tracy

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@...>
      wrote:

      > On Wednesday this week, somewhere in the neighbourhood of 300,000
      Grade Ten students wrote the Ontario Literacy Test** .

      > The first short piece on which they were required to answer
      questions was about an 1812 reenactment held at Lang Pioneer
      Village. The article quoted a "Mike Stubbs" and featured photos of
      some familiar faces in the uniform of Butler's Rangers and a couple
      of camp followers. Fame, I guess!

      > Peter Monahan
      >

      > ** The OSSLT is a single 4 hour test without which students cannot
      successfully leave high school, whatever else they may do in 4 years
      and 30 credits. Thank you Mr. Harris! (Not you, John, the other
      one!)