Another Tentage Issue - Naval.

  • mccombs98
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2006
      Gord this will be of interest to you.

      From the naval point of view, a ship is rather isolated out on the lake
      for educational display purposes unless docked, or at the very least we
      have a ship, however....

      At Backus Mills we had set up your telescope, my campaign table and
      writing desk, and I must say it looked rather good. So much so you have
      inspired me!

      This winter I have built a multi-purpose "case" to transport my musket
      in, extending the c1800 brass bound writing desk design, but once on-
      site and empty, looks VERY convincing as a "survey" case for your large
      telescope and tripod (I think it will fit too). All hardware is period
      correct. I have also updated the campaign table with period correct
      brass hardware.

      With your research on signal flags, we could expand the educational
      display to "Survey and Signals".

      From a Tentage point of view, would, could, or should a "Survey and
      Signals" tent have an awning for the cartographer and signals officer?

      Of course.. I'm assuming to setup in front of my wedge tent (looking
      rather new, bye the bye).

      Comments welcomed.
      Murray
      HMS Charwell