Re: Kevin Lightfoot

  • capt_haha
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 9, 2006
      On behalf of the Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment I
      would like to extend condolences to both Brenda and
      family as well as currant and former members of the
      IMUC.
      I was honoured to call Kevin my friend and today there
      is an empty chair.
      Larry Hanna
    • Dave Westhouse
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 9, 2006
        Once again we are hit with great sadness. The 1st Royal Scots
        Grenadiers offer their condolences to the family and friends of Mr.
        Lightfoot. What a shock them and all of us to endure.
        As Sgt. Mjr Dennison reminded our unit in his note to us on this news,
        live today to the fullest, enjoy each day as though it is your last.
        You never know when your time will come.

        Dave Westhouse, Corporal
        1st Royal Scots Grenadiers

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "bmitcheca" <bmitcheca@...> wrote:

        > To all fellow re-enactors,
        > It is my extremely sad duty to inform all of the sudden passing of
        > Kevin Lightfoot yesterday. As more information becomes available, it
        > will be posted on this site. The funeral date will be probably on
        > Sunday. We are asking that all re-enactors contact myself, my
        > husband, Gord or Paul Kelly .
        >
        > Beth Mitchell

      • Mark Dickerson
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 9, 2006
          It saddens me with the loss of Kevin. The UTMRS would like to send our
          condolences to Kevin's family and to the Incorporated Militia of Upper
          Canada. He will be dearly missed.

          Mark Dickerson
        • Kevin Windsor
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 9, 2006
            I truly cannot find words right now to express the loss that I have
            experienced. My mind went back to being a 14 year old boy and meeting
            Kevin. He was in fact the second re-enactor I had ever met; he was
            instrumental in getting me into this hobby, and from that into what I am
            today professionally. This is a loss I feel deeply.
            Please express my sympathy and that of the Grenadier Coy of the 89th Reg't,
            Wentworth Re-enactment Society to Brenda and the girls.
            Right now I truly feel sadness.

            Kevin Windsor
            89th Regiment

          • sgtwarner@sympatico.ca
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 9, 2006
              I arrived in Ottawa this evening, opened my email, and instantly regreted
              it, as if by not opening it ,the news would not be so sad. Once again we are
              touched by one of our own leaving us for what comes next.

              It sounds so feeble to say this but it is indeed true. My heartfelt
              condolences go out to Brenda and the girls.
              And to the IMUC, and to Kevins bretheren in the Armed Forces.

              We have lost a pillar of our community.

              Craig Williams

              "Hold your head high,
              Keep a smile upon your face,
              You'll be gone before you know it"
              J. Arden, "Into the Sun"
            • wolf_bna
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 9, 2006
                On behalf of The British Native Allies I'd like to express our sincere
                condolences to Mr. Lightfoot's family and friends.
              • LCpl_rm
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 9, 2006
                  On behalf of the 2nd Battalion, Royal Marines, I offer our sincere condolences to Kevin's family, the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada and the 1812 community in general. Though we only get to see and work with all of you on a limited basis, I can appreciate how much of an impact Kevin had on the growth of 1812 re-enacting and the professionalism that he shared with all.

                  May God bless you in this time of great sorrow.

                  Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

                  Ed Seufert, Cpl
                  1812 Royal Marines

                  It is my extremely sad duty to inform all of the sudden passing of
                  Kevin Lightfoot yesterday. As more information becomes available, it
                  will be posted on this site. The funeral date will be probably on
                  Sunday. We are asking that all re-enactors contact myself, my
                  husband, Gord or Paul Kelly .

                  Beth Mitchell

                  ---------------------------------
                  Crown Forces Unit Listing:
                  http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

                  American Forces Unit Listing
                  http://usforces1812.tripod.com

                  War of 1812

                • Rick Peterson
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 10, 2006
                    On behalf of the Royal Newfoundland Reg't, Skinner's Coy, I would like
                    to extend my heartfelt condolences to the Lightfoot family, the IMUC,
                    and Kevin's comrades in the armed forces.
                    Kevin's presence will be sorely missed by all. He was indeed an
                    inspiration to us all, both on the field as well as off. Personally, I
                    learned quite a lot from him, and feel lucky to have shared more than a
                    few laughs with him.

                    Respectfully,
                    Rick Peterson Jr.
                    Battlefield House, House Guard.
                  • Lalozon
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 10, 2006
                      Sue Spencer informed me by phone Thursday morning of the passing of Kevin Lightfoot

                      She was out and about with her business and did not have access to the internet

                      On her behalf I extend Sympathy to Kevin's family.

                      Yrs.,

                      L2

                    • Dale Kidd
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 11, 2006
                        On behalf of Allison and myself, I offer our most heartfelt condolences
                        to all Kevin's family and friends, and our IMUC colleagues. His
                        presence in camp, and in our hobby as a whole, will be sorely missed.

                        In sympathy,

                        Dale Kidd
                        Provincial Marine
                      • mikedeajansen
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 12, 2006
                          The 1st Lincoln Militia would like to express their sincere
                          condolences to the Lightfoot family and the members of IMUC on their
                          loss What a shock this has been to us all! Kevin was a respected and
                          well-liked member of the 1812 community and will be sorely missed.

                          With Great Sadness,

                          Corporal Michael Jansen
                          1st Lincoln Militia
                        • Thomas Hurlbut
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 12, 2006
                            May I add my own regrets and condolences for the passing of our dear friend Kevin Lightfoot as well as express the respects of "MacLaclan's" Company, 25th Regiment of Infantry (1814).

                            A gallant and noble "foe" and a gentleman.

                            "Major" Tom