2006 Grand Tactical Update

  • sacbg7
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      Esteemed list,

      On this Saturday past myself, as American CO, joined Rob Trumbull and
      Betsy Bashore representing the US side and Doug DeCroix representing
      British interests in a very productive meeting at Old Genessee
      Village in Mumford, NY. This is the site of this years Grand
      Tactical. The dates are June 23-25.

      This years location offers many exciting and varied scenarios for our
      military and civilain particpants! The British camp will be in a
      large field and will be the first thing our visitors see. There is
      plenty of room there for camp and parade.

      The American camps will be spread throughout the town.
      Each "battalion" will be assigned the yard of one of the period
      dwellings. They will set up their camps there.

      The town can be populated by our civilan particpants and there is a
      large village green which can be used by both the civilian and
      military presences.

      We will have a period dance on Saturday evening. There will also be
      classed conducted for the ladies in such things as pockets, tatting
      etc.

      The battles will be unique as we will be fighting in small units
      through the town, across the green, in small farm fields, etc.

      On Sunday we will have a period church service in one of the churches
      in the village.

      Meals will be provided for a fee.

      Betsy will be updating the Grand Tactical web page and will inform us
      when it is ready.

      We are offerring many excting opportunies for you, but the Grand
      Tactical can not be successful without its most important
      ingredient...YOU!!! Please make plans to attend now.

      If you have any questions on the American military please contact me.

      If you have questions on British military please use your Crown
      Forces channel.

      Site questions should be addressed to Betsy as she is our liason
      between the event and the site.

      I look forward to seeing many of you in Old Genessee this comng
      June...where I hope it will be warmer than this last weekend!

      Until then,
      I have the honor to remain,
      Y'r ob't s'v't,
      C. Steven Abolt
      US Commander
      2006 Grand Tactical
      This year
    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        Are you saying they are not providing any meals?

        Kevin Windsor
        89th

          visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • James
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006

            > I look forward to seeing many of you in Old Genessee this comng
            > June...where I hope it will be warmer than this last weekend!

            Major A,
            I wouldn't miss it for anything. Looking forward to the unique
            experience.

            Lt. L.