Re: Re: [WarOf1812] March 1st

  • roy winders
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 1, 2006
      hey i resent that remark about our bangers

      Peter Monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote: Try hotdogs or traditional British Sausages, JP. Neither violate the "no meat" rules for us RC's, though both allegedly have some distant relationship to animals. :7)

      Peter
      From: John-Paul Johnson <jpjohnsn@...>
      Date: 2006/03/01 Wed AM 09:09:36 EST
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] March 1st

      Yes, unless you're also Catholic and then Lamb is off the menu for Ash Wednesday. Grrrrr.

      John-Paul Johnson
      RNR

      ray hobbs <ray.hobbs@...> wrote:
      List:
      To all of Welsh ancestry I wish to take this opportunity to wish you a
      Happy Saint David's Day!

      Not only is it a Welsh National Day, it is also the Regimental Day of
      the Royal Welsh Regiment (23rd., 24th., 41st). Leek soup, Welsh cakes,
      lava bread and roast lamb are on the menu.

      Cymru am byth!

      Gwell Angau na Chwilydd - motto of the Welsh Regiment

      Yr Most Humble and Obedient Servant

      Ray Hobbs, CO
      41st Regiment of Foot
      Head of the Lake
      Upper Canada

      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      American Forces Unit Listing
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      United state history United kingdom Living history War of 1812

    • Soo
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 2, 2013
        They wouldn't let us plebes into the restaurant!

        Sue Too