RE: [WarOf1812] Re: 'Pompeii - height history

  • Anderson, Mike W.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      Check out this excellent article (very long) from the New Yorker:

      http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040405fa_fact

      It contains a reference to the Little Ice Age and the effect on
      heights...

      In both Europe and the Americas, he discovered, humans grew shorter as
      their cities grew larger. The more people clustered together, the more
      pest-ridden and poorly fed they became. Heights also fell in synch with
      global temperatures, which reached a nadir during the Little Ice Age of
      the seventeenth century.

      Cheers!

      Mike Anderson
      Glengarry Light Infantry