I'm New Here

  • kyleankenbauer
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
      Am I in the right discusion group.

      I am a member of FOFA, or Friends Of Fort Atkinson.

      James Lundgren, sent my mother a email about a discussion going on in
      one of these chat groups about artillery.
    • mccombs98
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
        Try the 1812_ProgressiveCampaigner discussion group.
        Very active discussion on period artillery, both land and naval.
        Cheers
        Murray

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "kyleankenbauer" <kyleankenbauer@...>
        wrote:

        > Am I in the right discusion group.
        >
        > I am a member of FOFA, or Friends Of Fort Atkinson.
        >
        > James Lundgren, sent my mother a email about a discussion going on in
        > one of these chat groups about artillery.

      • lalozon
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
          From: "kyleankenbauer" <kyleankenbauer@...>

          " Am I in the right discusion group. I am a member of FOFA, or Friends Of
          Fort Atkinson.
          James Lundgren, sent my mother a email about a discussion going on in one
          of these chat groups about artillery."

          You are in the right group if you are interested in the War Of 1812.
          This War Of 1812 Yahoo Group is a forum for discussion of all aspects of the
          War of 1812-14 between the United Kingdom and the United States; including
          all related operations such as the Creek War in the southern United States.
          The War of 1812-14 as it related to the Napoleonic Wars. Causes of the War.
          Personalities, campaigns, the makeup, training, and equipment of the armies
          which fought in the war. Results of the war. Canada and the war. The naval
          War of 1812 as fought on the seven seas around the globe. This list is
          primarily designed to facilitate easy communications for REENACTORS

          We do from time to time discuss artillery.

          We also have reference to 1812 Unit Contact information for North America:
          Crown Forces Unit Listing: http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
          American Forces Unit Listing: http://usforces1812.tripod.com
          which is a footer on each of our messages.

          James Lundgren, 6th Regiment United States Infantry, Fort Atkinson State
          Historical Park is a respected re-enactor
          and most of us have had the honour or meeting him at 1812 Grand Tacticals
          and Mississinewa 1812

          What is 'FOFA' ?

          Welcome to the War Of 1812 Yahoo Group ... the main thread right now is
          "Tecumseh"

          Yrs.,
          Larry Lozon (L2)
        • dancingbobd@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
            Hi Kyle,

            The artillery discussion is going on the 1812 Progressive Campaigner
            yahoogroup.

            Hi Larry,

            FOFA Friends of Ft. Atkinson, locate 15 miles north of down town Omaha,
            Nebraska USA on the site where Lewis & Clark held council with the Omaha
            indians in 1804. The Fort was moved to the bluff from the Missouri
            river banks in 1819 after the first one was destroyed in the spring
            flood. It housed 2 Regiments, the 6th Infantry Reg't. and the Rifle
            Regiment. The original plan was to construct a series of forts along
            the Missouri from present day Omaha to the Yellowstone river and so two
            Reg'ts and 20 some cannon started out from St. Louis in 1818 and arrived
            at the "Council Bluffs" in the fall. The plan failed as 1819 brought a
            depression and Congress didn't appropriate money to continue the
            expedition further up the river. Ft. Atkinson was closed and most of it
            shipped down the Missouri in 1827 when Ft. Leavenworth was established.
            Ft. Leavenworth is about 45 miles NNW of Kansas City, Missouri USA.

            Regards,

            Bob
            [Who re-enacts at both places.]