Re: Tecumseh's Tactical Successes

  • wolf_bna
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "lalozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:

      > The only looser was the Natives, as they were forgotten in the Treaty
      of
      > Ghent
      >

      > Yrs.,
      > L2

      Mr. Lozon Sir...I mean no disrespect. I'd just like to clairify an
      error in referance to Natives forgotten in the Treaty Of Ghent.

      Article the Ninth Treaty Of Ghent states:

      The United States of Americaa engage to put an end immediately after
      the Ratification of the present Treaty to hostilities with all the
      Tribes or Nations of Indians with whom they may be at the time of such
      Ratification, and forthwith to restore to such Tribes or Nations
      respectively all the possessions, rights, and privileges which they may
      have enjoyed or been entitled to in one thousand eight hundred and
      eleven previous to such hostilities. Provided always that such Tribes
      or Nations shall agree to desist from all hostilities against the
      United States of America, their Citizens, and Subjects upon the
      Ratification of the present Treaty being notified to such Tribes or
      Nations, and shall so desist accordingly. And His Britanic Majesty
      engages on his part to put an end immediately after the Ratification
      of the present Treaty to hostilities with all the Tribes or Nations of
      Indians with whom He may be at war at the time of such Ratification,
      and forthwith to restore to such Tribes or Nations respectively all the
      possessions, rights, and privileges, which they may have enjoyed or
      been entitled to in one thousand eight hundred and eleven previous to
      such hostilities. Provided always that such Tribes or Nations shall
      agree to desist from all hostilities against His Britanic Magesty and
      His Subjects upon Ratification of the present Treaty being notified to
      such Tribes or Nations, and shall so desist accordingly.

      This article of the Treaty of Ghent is cosistent with every treaty
      starting with the Kenswentha (Tow Row), The Treaty of Utrecht, The
      Royal Proclaimation Act of 1763 and The Jay Treaty of 1794. They
      proclaim that the Natives will retain their traditional culture,
      governing systems, way of life and soverignty as they always have
      preceeding the outbreak of war.
    • lalozon
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
        From: "wolf_bna" <britishnativeallies@...>

        Mr. Lozon Sir...I mean no disrespect. I'd just like to clairify an error in
        referance to Natives forgotten in the Treaty Of Ghent. Article the Ninth
        Treaty Of Ghent states:.."

        I stand corrected Sir

        Yhs.,

        L2