Re: [WarOf1812] e-bay auction item- Richard Bullock of 41st

  • ray hobbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2006
      Richard Bullock stayed in Canada after the War of 1812, and was
      Adjutant General of Militia in 1837 when the "Rebellion" occurred. The
      "WR" was appropriate to this time when William IV was at the end of his
      reign. He reigned from 1830 until 1837. The suggestion that the Crown
      with "WR" equals "Welsh Regiment" is rubbish.
      The seller is correct; he does not know too much about military
      artifacts.
      It was in the 1830s that Bullock held the rank of Colonel in the
      militia.
      This is definitely not an 1812 artifact - historically important,
      nevertheless.
      Ray Hobbs
      41st Regt
      Hamilton

      On Wednesday, January 25, 2006, at 01:27 PM, glenn stott wrote:

      > Dear List and especially members of the 41st.
      > On e-bay, militaria, 1764-1860, there is listed a portable desk
      > belonging
      > supposedly to Capt Richard Bullock of the 41st.  It is being offered
      > by a
      > person from Hamilton who bought it from a collector from St.
      > Catherines who
      > supposedly purchased it 50 yrs. ago.  Upon examining the photos,
      > provided,
      > one sees that the name engraved is Colonel Richard Bullock and the
      > royal
      > cipher has a crown with WR .  Therefore I assume that it definately
      > not an
      > 1812 artifact.  Check it out for yourself.
      >
      > Glenn Stott, Royals, Lights

      <image.tiff>

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > +  Visit your group "WarOf1812" on the web.

      <image.tiff>