New Member

  • mikedeajansen
    Message 1 of 63 , Jan 7, 2006
      I was told that I had to send a message introducing myself to the rest
      of the group so here goes.
      My name is Mike Jansen. I am 28 years old and am very happily married
      to my wife Deanna. We live in St. Catharines where I work at a
      Greenhouse until this summer when I pursue a career in trucking.
      I have been reenacting as a member of Captain James Crooks Coy of the
      1st Lincoln Milita since 2002. My interest in the war stems from the
      fact that it took place right here in Canada and if there is one thing
      that can be said about me, it's that I'm very Canadian. I am
      particularly interested in any and all fighting that took place in and
      around the Niagara region and the role of the local militia in that
      fighting. Henceforth, I would very much appreciate any information on
      those two topics, however minor it may seem.
      I look forward to communicating with the rest of you in the future and
      look forward to being a part of this group.

      God Save The King!

      Corporal Michael Jansen
      1st Lincoln Militia
    • James D'Angelo
      Message 63 of 63 , Jul 30, 2014

        Kathryn,

        Thank you for your offer.  We are always looking for volunteers, especially with specialized talents.  Please tell me more about what the “civilian impression” might work.  We do have several folks, including “General Daniel” in costume, but no one is presently doing anything other than being in costume!  This sounds like it might be a great addition!

        Jim