Re: [WarOf1812] Jospeh Willcocks

  • Matt Adair
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2006
      Boy, somebody must have been reading my mind this weekend, because I've
      been hoping to find out some information as well.

      Just this summer, I found out that my 5th great grand father was Philip
      Tufford. Philip originally served the Crown in Capt. Abram Nelles'
      Flank Company. He eventually switched sides, joining Willcocks corp of
      Canadian Vols. Since visiting the Niagara region this summer, I've been
      wanting to find out as much as I can.

      I'd especially be interested in finding some primary sources out there.
      My main area of research has be US Civil War, but I'm finding myself
      more and more interested in War of 1812.

      Anybody out there know where I might be able to find out movements &
      engagements of Willcocks' corps? How about uniforms and other
      equipment? Were they issued uniforms, or did they they civilian soldier
      who came with whatever they had on their back?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks!

      Matt Adair