Captain White Young's Infantry Company

  • garyslife
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006
      Does anyone know what area of New York Captain White Young recruited
      soldiers from? I'm doing some genealogy research.

      Thanks,

      Gary M
    • md5_yager
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2006
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "garyslife" <garyslife@y...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know what area of New York Captain White Young recruited
        > soldiers from? I'm doing some genealogy research.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Gary M

        Gary, have you checked the 1810 census for New York state? If he is
        listed as a head of household, this gives a lead on the county of
        residence. If the county has a historical society, they may have local
        history data or surviving militia records. These will probably be
        incomplete at best, but good hunting

        Dave W