Re: Stores Captured at Detroit

  • Tom Fournier
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
      If you can access it, try the Champlain Society's publication
      of "Select British Documents of the Canadian War of 1812" by William
      Woods.

      In Volume 1 you can find the return of captured ordnance and ordnance
      stores.

      Try going online into the Champlain Society

      http://link.library.utoronto.ca/champlain/search.cfm?lang=eng

      Set the "search in" to Title and use "War of 1812" as your search term
      and voila you have the four volumes - all incredible documentary
      history.

      For stores, go into volume 1 and try pages: 494 to 500

      Email me offline if you have problems and I will download the pages as
      PDFs and I can email.

      Good luck!

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment of Foot

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "K. J. Lindsey" <union47th@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hello group,
      >
      > Could someone point me to where I can find an inventory of the
      stores
      > captured at Detroit in 1812? Ive looked through my limited library
      and
      > searched the archives here but have not been able to find a
      > comprehensive list-just summaries. Thanks in advance!
      >
      > Kevin Lindsey
      > 2nd Michigan

    • K. J. Lindsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
        Tom,
        Thank you very much! I was able to access it, and what a resource it
        is! It was exactly what I was looking for. Of added bonus to me were
        the documents immediately after containing Capt Elliots description
        of the subsequent surrender of the "River Reizen" and its supplies,
        as the 2nd Michigan was (and is) based there. Thanks again!!

        Kevin Lindsey
        2nd Michigan

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Fournier"